Chapter 12

The sizzling sausages were the only thing making noise, but Sara and I were completely silent. Was my trust being tested once again?

"Did something happened to your hand?" I ask.

"...It's nothing..." She answers.

I squint my eyes in suspicion.

"Are you sure?" I ask, taking a glimpse at her bandages and realizing there was no blood, "It looks pretty bandaged up."

She struggled to say something... but in a disappointing way. My suspicions were off after witnessing her usual behavior, it would mean one thing.

"Was it something involving me?" I ask.

"Maybe?" She answers, "Y-Yeah, but it was my fault."

I was immediately reminded, when we... no... when I was running away from Ellie in the mall, my grip was too tight, hurting her in the process...

"I really owe you big time." I laugh, "First the excuses, and second this... and I don't want to do chores again... n-not because I don't want too, but different things would be better."

"Y-Yeah, the reason I wanted to stay quiet." She chuckles.

It was wrong of me to suspect Sara for a murder, it was maybe the necessary approach but she's growing stronger and letting herself depend on me a little... I should tell her since she hates secrets but right as I was about to tell her of my mistake, someone knocks on the door. Like cats and dogs, we stared at it.

"W-Who is it?!" Sara asks.

... Why is no one answering?

After clearing my throat I repeat instead, "Who is it?!"

"It's Ellie! Open up, or I'm gonna freak out!" She answers.

I sigh in relief, but Sara on the other hand was having a moment. There was explaining to be done because of the incident at the mall.

"S-Sara, back at the mall she found us by chance and she felt bad for what she did and-" I tried rapid explaining.

"I-I already know...hehe." She reveals, "I forgive her... for now."

...I'll take that as a yes. I guess there was no explaining to be done, but she is not happy for what happened yesterday. Its quite confusing but see it as an overprotective friend who got mad at Ellie for bothering us in our date... Huh... now it isn't Sara wanting to make me avoid contact with any love interest, but her wanting to prevent things from happening in a special moment with us involved.

I respond, "I'll let her in now."

She walks towards the living room, in front of the entrance, until her eyes meet Sara's.

"Hey, I guess you have heard of the news already." I greet.

"It was rough... I mean, it sounds rough, what happened." She mentions, "Again, I was freaking out back there, it's scary when no one is around in the open. To be honest I would have stayed in for the day, but I couldn't wait for tomorrow. Yesterday wasn't possible due to Sara being unconscious so let me get one thing straight... I'm- "

"I forgive you." Sara smiles.

"H-Huh? Oh...right, I told Jake..." She remembers.

"N-No, she was conscious when you confessed." I reveal and offer her to sit on the couch.

Ellie, immediately sits beside Sara who instead was on the dinning table's seat, behind the couch.

"Yeah I knew, but I completely understand where you come from after proving your point... my actions were no good and I was acting obsessive, but thanks to Jake he helped and made me have a different feeling."