Chapter 3

"What's going on?"

I asked myself, confused on why I was on a bed...a hospital bed and surrounded by people taking me somewhere. My hand though, it hurt like hell, but after looking at it the real pain kicked in, causing me to get knocked out.

"Wait... where am I now?!"

I'm here... no... The flames heat up the car crash once again... But maybe, maybe if I see who did this... it'll end.

"But why... why do the nightmares have to be devastating and horrifying?! " I asked myself.

Until it crosses my mind, the break and entering actually happening.

"Wait...these aren't nightmares...this is the future. The burglar's arm fell... just like in the dream."

Now I had changed the sadness to motivation, since the feeling of being one step ahead from the criminal who did it felt like I was being useful for once. I walked forward ignoring my mom's corpse and dad was already a corpse on the floor with his head cracked open. The unknown person was headed towards me and oddly drops the weapon. This encounter felt familiar since the unknown person was inches away from me... but still, his or her face was impossible to recognize. It was too dark, the moon was being hugged almost completely by the clouds, and the fire that the car was creating wasn't enough light source. It comes across my mind to pull the person towards me and find out who it was since this is in my head... but I couldn't... it was too risky because what if... what if this was actually real. My body feels weak as I slowly hold myself on the crumbles of the street, but suddenly the feeling of being embraced by the unknown person paralyzed me. Right after that I've been woken up once again by the sunlight coming from a window. I can't help but grunt with how bad my luck is with the sunlight.

Looking around, it turned out I was in a hospital from the IV that was injected in my stabbed hand. There was a single turquoise leather chair, the completely white bed, a small television and two small drawers.

A sudden movement was felt but not physically one this time. It was my mom leaning with her slim figure over me from the side. I looked at her and it makes her eyes tear up and her long orange hair similar to mine smack my face as she comes in for a hug.

"M-Mom?" I ask, already knowing who it was.

Tears fell from her dark blue ocean eyes.

"Honey," Mom says while still hugging me, "I'll get Isaac."

She exits the room and quickly re-enters with dad,

"Dad?!" Jake exclaimed.

Isaac, my dad, has smooth black hair, a cream color skin and garnet colored eyes. His figure isn't that muscular, though he has muscles but it wasn't the: "I go to the gym everyday." kind of muscle.

"Jake!" He happily exclaims.

He hugs me just like mom minus the long hair, he isn't like any other though, he's more of the fun type. I remember when he let me explore the forest only if he was by my side, and Sara... too... Sara.

I had to know, what happened back there.

"Sara told me that you plunged a knife through your hand," Mom explained, "And it was because of how stressed you were in school."

My eyes were wide open, my vision was blurry and breathing somehow in control.

"M-Mom, that didn't happen, there was a burglar and he stabbed my hand with the multitool that I was gonna use to defend myself and then...and...then" I panic as my words tumble on one another.