Chapter 14

...."Of course, it's too early." Jake thinks after realizing it was eight in the night. "Wait, I'm on my bed..."

He was moved onto his bed by Sara as he slept.
It brought curiosity as he had realized that Sara was starting to be more controlled than before. It felt weird, weird on how she was able to switch... still... it wouldn't prevent the deaths of people who harass him.

"I can finally date Jess, but why do I feel like I am doing something wrong...? No... no no, think, you did everything possible to give Sara happiness in a way it doesn't affect my future relationship... you did well." Jake believed.

"Do you though?" The childish voice was heard beside him.

"Aghhhhhh!!!!!" Jake screamed, hitting himself against the wall by reflex of getting away, "You idiot don't scare me like that!"

Sara's light turned on and footsteps were headed this way, the door busts open.

"Jake!" She calls out.

He was on his bed like a sitting duck, smirking nervously.

"Is there someone here?!" She yelled, already reaching for her pocket.

"N-No, I had a nightmare." He lies.

"*sigh* Thank goodness, was it really bad?" She tries to comfort.

"...I-I forgot..." He continues, "I'm sorry for worrying you..."

"I'm born for it so no worries." She smiles. "I'll be heading back now, good night."

"W-Wait." Jake stops her from leaving.

Sara flinches a little and turns around: "Something wrong?"

"Are... you okay?" He asked, truly concerned, "I mean, you changed out of nowhere."

Sara took a breather and smiled: "Yeah, why wouldn't I? Good night."

Jake opens his mouth but it was too late, he wanted to ask something to her.

"...Right, as you can see, Sara is being an actual friend instead of an obsessive lover." Little Jake appears, from behind.

"Why are you hiding?" Jakes asks trying to push him out to lay on his bed.

"Reflexes and worries, who knows? Maybe she's able to see me one day or something." Little Jake answers hopping off the bed.

Jake sighs and watches as Sara's lights turn off in her room.

"Right, she seems to be more self controlled." Jake describes, laying down and tugging himself under the blanket.

"Yep, exactly what you wanted, right?" Little Jake says sarcastically and immediately disappears.

"...Yeah, but there's some emotions held back behind this controlled Sara... she can't be happy with this... maybe I'll try to find guys or girls for her to talk to, make more friends and realize I'm not the only person on earth who is wholesome and nice." Jake planned, forgetting of the beatdown he had to attend to.

________________________________

Meanwhile, in Sara's room. She received a text from Jess.

Jess: So so, any progress? :D

Sara: ...No

Jess: Did something happen?

Sara: Kinda, I told him something

Jess: -.- Are u able to tell?

Sara: Yeah, I just told him that it's fine for him to date you...