Chapter 4

Now I'm banging my head against the wooden wall in my room gently but faster after every hit.

"What *thump* have I *thump* done? *thump*" I blame myself, "Wait wait wait, all I have to say it was Sara's idea... yeah that."

I put on a casual t-shirt and shorts. After looking at the mirror and taking deep breaths while closing my eyes I try to recreate the scenario that was about to occur.

"Okay, mom is gonna ask me the reason I like Sara. I'm going to say: I don't.

But after looking at Sara she might get sad and then crazy after my parents leave, or they won't believe me since, I guess, they trust a maid more than their own son.... damn it all.

"Son, we don't have forever!"

My dad exclaimed.

My heart is pounding too fast, I'm trying my best to calm down but it seems impossible. It's not a debate of knowing how my parents react and who believe, but on how Sara will remain in the rest of the day and night after my answer.

"I'll be there in a minute!" I brush my hand against my hair "I have to hit an indirect sentence... cause more confusion than damage." Then, I open the door "Dad will get mad and mom will get sad if it goes wrong, but Sara may get worse."

While I continue to try and calm down, I head down the stairs and towards the dining room. Every one looks at me smiling.

"This is the day where my life has gone down the deep ocean with the angler fishes " I say to myself sweating bullets and sitting down besides Sara.

I take a glimpse at her, she looks like before, happy, full of joy, the odd Sara. One dollar, I bet the whole world one dollar that she'll return to the clingy Sara when my parents leave.

Dad clears his throat loud enough for everyone to pay attention.

"So, let's start with...Sara" Mom surprises and looked at Sara "Why exactly do you love Jake?"

Oh no no no no, I was supposed to answer that... crap.

Sara started blushing, meaning it was gonna be harder for me to answer since she's going for the emotional hit.

"I like him because," she paused, "Because he is kind, smart and he is always by my side in good and bad moments."

Craaaaaap, well... all is true but... I can't...

"So, Jake, what about you?" Dad interrupted my thought.

I-I can't deny this now... maybe I'll... I'll knock myself out.... Wait... what am I thinking? It's not about a reaction, but about what Sara would feel... I can't hurt her in that way by rejecting the fake relationship.

"Not only she's good at cooking but she's always been worried no matter what expression I make, she shows she cares for me." I answer, looking around and avoiding eye contact.

I think that was a good answer... well it is true, she does what to know what's inside my head all the time.

*sob*