Part 39

Elaine

A week after the conversation between Jungkook and his father, I can finally see improvements in his mood. At first, it was hard and I doubted he could fall back into the dark place because he didn't talk much and you could read the sadness in his eyes, but I'm glad he's doing better. Of course, it's not easy to face the truth after years.

He told me everything they talked about and I have to admit that I detest his father even more now. He is probably the most disgusting creature imaginable and I would not wish even my enemy to have anything to do with him. You should stay away from people like him and never trust him because you never know where he can strike. He builds up good contacts only to end up profiting from that person for his own benefit.

His mother, however, seems to be the exact opposite of his father. I do feel sorry for her though that she ended up marrying him. I can only imagine all she had to go through and how hard it must have been for her to have spent so many years in the same house with him. I admire her strength because according to Jungkook's descriptions, she seems to be the strongest woman. Raising a son like Jungkook alone shows that she has different values and morals than his father.

Jungkook chose to follow a different, merciful path, even though he could have ended up like his father. He was able to separate right from wrong and create his own destiny and life. I am proud of him every time he tells what he went through in his past because not many people manage to get back on their feet, to live the life they believe is right.

"You're zoning out," he whispers in my ear, appearing out of nowhere behind me and wrapping his arms around my waist. He kisses my cheek as he looks over my shoulder. "I've been calling for you."

"I'm sorry. I didn't hear you." I reply, turning in his embrace so that I'm now facing him.

He looks at me softly, caressing my sides. "Are you okay?"

His eyes explore mine while I look fascinated into his beautiful orbs. He is the only person who can tell if I am sad, happy, delighted, or nervous by my facial expressions. It is something beautiful because he understands me before I can express my sorrows, but at the same time, it scares me. I can't hide anything from him and all my feelings lie exposed like open cards.

Not that it bothers me or that I want to hide anything from him. But I have noticed that when I am sad, he is automatically sad too. When I am happy he mirrors my smile and I become all the happier. But I don't want him to put his emotions aside just because I'm having a bad day, because I'm the one who has to try to fill him with positive energy.

Sometimes I can't help it, though, because I'm only human. The events of the last few weeks are playing out before my eyes and he recognizes that immediately. The way his eyes suddenly become sad and mirror mine, when at that moment I remember how he cried, how he pleaded for me not to leave. It's a weird feeling that I can't describe, but that I guess is what everyone talks about when you find your significant other.

"Yes." I smile, placing a small kiss on his sweet lips to assure him that I'm okay. "What were you saying?"

"I asked what you want to do after dinner," he says, his eyes jumping to my lips as he leans down further toward me.

"Hmm." I ponder, tapping my chin with my index finger. Jungkook's eyes roam all over my face, from my hair to my eyes, bouncing over my cheeks to my lips, and it makes me feel nervous. "We could play games?"

"Anything for my princess." he chuckles, looking deep into my eyes and I can't help but let a blush rise to my cheeks. The way he's looking at me right now looks like he wants to devour me at any moment. He takes another step forward and my back comes into contact with the kitchen counter behind me as he traps me between his arms. His white teeth are on full display as he looks at my lips.