Part 27

"Baby, can you please bring out the snacks?" Jungkook calls from the backyard.

"Just a second! My hands are dirty right now," I yell back.

I spent the night at Jungkook's last night so we could start preparing for the evening early enough. We've already prepared most of it and it's more than I thought. I thought this was just a simple get-together with the boys, but according to the preparations they put more effort into it. Jungkook said they do it every month at a different place and this month it is his turn. And of course, a perfectionist like Jungkook has to try extra hard.

The chairs and tables are already set up in the backyard, the grill is cleaned and needs to be started and I baked a cake so that we also have a dessert, which I put down to cool down. I'm preparing the chocolate sauce for the icing and moan when I taste it with a spoon. I hum happily to myself as I pour the sauce on the cake, but jump when two arms wrap around my waist from behind.

"What are you making?" the owner of the voice, who I thought was in the backyard right now, asks.

"Chocolate cake." I smile and turn around in his embrace after I have spread the sauce all over the cake.

He takes the spoon, with which I spread the sauce evenly on the cake, out of my hand and smears the rest of the sweetness over my lower lip. His head leans closer to mine and the next thing I feel is him starting to nibble the chocolate off my lips. My heart skips a beat as Jungkook's tongue slowly slides across my lower lip, tasting the chocolate on his tongue.

It's nothing sexual, he's not turned on because I can tell by now when he is, but it's still an intimate moment between us. With such small actions and gestures, he manages to show me how close his heart is to mine, that we can do everything together and that we don't have to force or suppress anything. That he still manages to take my breath away and make me want more is due to his intoxicating aura, because he is like a drug for me. The more I get to taste his lips, the more I long for them.

Finished licking the chocolate off my lips, Jungkook slowly pulls back and I lick my own, tasting the remainder of him. I'm greeted with a gentle look in Jungkook's eyes, which sparkle when he looks into mine. I still think it's crazy that even though it's not dark outside, his eyes can already bring so much light into my life and brighten my day. His lips, which are lifted up like two rosy pillows into a light smile, match his soft cheeks, which are puffed up by his smile and have the tiniest dimple on one side.

"How are you so beautiful?" I breathe, my senses slowly coming back into my body.

"You are the one to say that. You enchant me every time I see you." he smiles, the slightest blush decorating his cheeks and this is the first time I see him blushing.

"No, honestly. Even Jimin couldn't take his eyes off you," I wonder, thinking back to our hilarious lunch break a few weeks ago.

"Who is Jimin?"

"A colleague of mine," I answer, and he nods in understanding. "He wanted to see a picture of you and was disappointed I blew off a threesome."

I burst out laughing when Jungkook's face cringes in disgust and he pretends to throw up thinking about it. He shakes his head and gives himself a slap in the face as if he wants to beat the idea out of his brain and I laugh even more, my arms clutching my stomach at the sight as tears flow from my eyes.

"Please never introduce that Jimin guy to me," he shudders as I slowly come down from my laughter and he smiles softly at me.

We finish all the remaining tasks that we need for the evening and then head out into the backyard where we set up the chairs and tables to our liking. We laugh and talk while we do so and a warm feeling of preparing everything together with Jungkook fills me up. No matter what it is, as long as I do it with him it brings a smile to my face, and casually watching him at work brings me joy and I immediately feel better.