Part 41

After the incident yesterday when Jungkook's mom walked in, I wanted to be swallowed by the ground to disappear from the embarrassment of the situation. Jungkook teased me about it the whole time and it pissed me off that he wasn't even a little embarrassed about it. Luckily, his mom didn't show any of it later at dinner, although we could sense the weird vibe in the air. She kept on smiling constantly and watching the interaction between me and her son with warm eyes.

I can tell she likes me.

The dinner passed in silence. We interacted with each other and his mother got to know many things about me. Her questions were not interrogating but just sincere full of curiosity. The home-cooked meal, usually prepared by the maids, tasted exquisite, she had prepared everything her son loved back then with love.

I wasn't sure if it was appropriate to sleep in the same room with him later, even though his mother had prepared the room for both of us, but the incident made me feel a little uncomfortable. We didn't do anything, but the thought that his mother might think something was going on made me toss and turn half the night until Jungkook scolded me not to worry so much about it.

Anyway, I'm sitting at the desk right now, getting ready for the party. We checked into the hotel this morning his dad booked for the night. It's a whole floor for all the guests who haven't arrived yet and a huge ballroom for the party in the evening, which makes me think how he managed to book something so luxurious even though his company is on the verge of bankruptcy.

And thinking about his father reminds me of Jungkook's text an hour ago, letting me know that he didn't find the papers he was looking for in his office. I panicked because that's the only reason we are here in the first place. The fact that his plan has gone down the drain makes me nervous and an uneasy feeling sits on my chest, even though Jungkook said that he will find another way to get the papers eventually.

I worry for him and his safety, because I can expect anything from his father, and I don't even want to imagine what might happen if he finds Jungkook sneaking around somewhere he shouldn't be.

I take a deep breath, trying to steady my shaky hands so that my effort to look presentable for the party isn't ruined. I add a bit more of the dark eyeshadow to my eyelid to sharpen the look. My gaze swings to the fancy clock hanging on the far wall of the expensive hotel room, and I start to wonder where Jungkook is.

His mother gave him a suit to wear for the party, but it turned out a little too small. He must have gained weight over the years that his mother couldn't estimate. Making the excuse that he wanted to go to a tailor shop to have the suit fitted he left to look for the papers as well, but he still hasn't returned. Putting the brush aside I cross my legs and open my message app to ask about his whereabouts because he is running late and the party is about to start.

Me:
Where are you?

Jungkookie:
Still in the tailor shop
Just trying on my suit

Me:
Okay

Jungkookie:
How do I look?

Jungkookie:How do I look?