Part 3

Black dress, which definitely sits too tight on my curves, black stilettos that feel like I'm walking on nails, and hair that is straightened with a hair iron. 

This is exactly the view I see in the mirror right now. I don't recognize myself, Nora has turned me into a completely different person. Well, it's not that I never make myself pretty and dress myself up, but today I really look completely different than usual.

I feel sexy.

Not once did I interrupt when Nora put make-up on me and helped me get dressed. Not until the moment, she came at me with her last gun.

Like a bull that has seen the red cloth of the matador, the alarm bells ring when I see Nora's hand carrying the red lipstick.

"Now, this is our last little touchup and then you're all done," she says with full enthusiasm and approaches me further and further. I break out in full panic and quickly try to find an exit from her clutches as fast as possible.

"Red lipstick is a bit too much, don't you think? I'd rather not put anything on, I hate the feeling of having something on my lips anyway," I say with panic-stricken eyes and stretch out my arm in front of me to prevent her from coming closer.

"If you don't put your arms down right now and let me touch your pretty face, this piece of paint will land all over your face, my love." Her smile looks anything but nice, the evil literally spraying all over her face.

By letting my arms fall to my sides, I give up, knowing that I have no chance against her anyway. She smiles gloatingly and applies the wine-red lipstick to my lips. 

"Done!" Flinching, I spin around to my floor-level full-body mirror. Sighing, I turn back to her "Don't you think this is too showy? I don't want to come off as, like, how shall I say... cheap." 

She turns me back to the mirror and forces me to look at myself again with her hands on my shoulders.

"Don't you dare say anything like that again! There is nothing wrong with a woman getting all dressed up for herself and feeling confident and sexy. You don't go there to show yourself off to anybody, but to have fun and if you want to look pretty, nobody can say a damn thing to you. But if it makes you uncomfortable, we can still take off the lipstick," she shows me her warmest smile, which always soothes me when I get nervous.

Her words and soft voice convince me and suddenly I feel comfortable in my skin and the way I look. So I give her a nod, "No, it's fine, I don't want to ruin your hard-earned artwork."

"Great, let's get going, we don't want our reservation to be taken by someone else, do we?"

______________________________

By the time we step out of the cab, I can already hear someone from inside singing his soul out of his body with his scratchy and crooked voice. I have to stifle my grin, but in the end, I can't keep it down when I see Nora's face. We both let out a hearty laugh and make our way to the entrance of the bar.