Epilogue

I hum lightly to myself as I add a pinch of salt to the midday snack I'm preparing. I woke up hungry from my nap a few minutes ago, my stomach growling like a wolf as if I hadn't eaten in days. I need to get my appetite back under control because otherwise, this is all going to get out of hand.

With a spoon, I taste the dish and wiggle on the spot as I realize it's almost cooked. I reach for some pepper in one of the drawers in our new kitchen. We decided after some time to buy our own house instead of the apartment we had found and actually lived in for 4 years. One that fits our dreams, with a garden where we grilled and partied with our friends many times.

Jungkook has been working very hard for the past few years. After he proposed to me, the preparations started pretty quickly and we found ourselves standing at the altar within a couple of months, just before his birthday. Before his real birthday. My parents were of course very shocked at first and couldn't really grasp that their daughter was suddenly getting married, but they were still by my side in full support.

Even though my father, who puts his beloved daughter above everything and everyone and protects her with everything he has, often made Jungkook sweat in the beginning, the two got along very well. I always have to laugh when I think about how anxious and nervous Jungkook was so that his hand was literally shaking when he shook my father's hand for the first time. The poor guy was watched by my father with glaring eyes throughout the evening.

My mother, on the other hand, liked him right from the first second she saw him. How could anyone not like a man like Jungkook? He knows how to win a woman's heart, plus he is charming and polite. Anyway, the ice between my father and Jungkook melted relatively quickly and he even took him fishing with him. That actually means quite something, because my father doesn't go fishing with just anyone.

But that was a long time ago. Almost 5 years to be exact because in a few months it will be our fifth anniversary. Time goes by very fast, but I don't regret a single day of our marriage. Marrying Jungkook was and remains the best decision I made. If I were to be born a second time, my choice would still be him because he is my soul mate.

He was nothing but the best husband one could wish for. Even in the days when we were still dating, he was always sweet and thoughtful. But now it is different because I can officially call him mine. Being called Mrs.Jeon by others now reminds me every day that we belong together forever and each of us is half of a whole. Our love is blossoming with every passing second and has not diminished one bit.

Even though everything is not as fresh as it was in the first months of our relationship, we never stop checking on each other. We care for each other, ask at the end of the day how it was at work, and wake up in each other's arms. We respect and love each other like the first day even if we don't say it so often anymore. We don't need to, because we see the spark in our eyes that hasn't faded. The passion still burns in every cell of our bodies.

"Hey, baby," a voice whispers in my ear that I love to hear every day as two strong arms tie themselves around my waist from behind. I jump slightly, not expecting him yet. And I didn't hear him coming.

"You're home." I greet, turning my head slightly to the side as he rests his chin on my shoulder.

"I wasn't that busy, so I came home early." he smiles. "I missed you."

It's crazy how he can still get my heart racing after so many years. One little sentence is enough to take my breath away. Even though we are together every day and try to spend as much time together in the evenings as possible, he can still miss me. He is still a cute baby, goofing and playing around with me. But I could never complain about that because that is the way I love him.