Part 21

This warm feeling of sleeping next to someone you care for and like is incredible because the first thing you see is the face of that person.

As I slowly open my eyes and the bright light blinds me, I blink a few times to get used to the intensity. My eyes fall immediately on the person who is still sleeping peacefully next to me and a lazy smile falls on my lips, my eyes close and I let this relaxing feeling of closeness flow through my veins.

I take a deep breath and open my eyelids again only to be struck by his beauty. It's the first time I open my eyes next to him because he was awake before me yesterday and I regret that I didn't wake up earlier than he did. I take his sleeping form into me and my heart suddenly starts pounding against my ribs as if it would escape from its cage any moment. This feeling, which he gives me over and over again without doing it on purpose, makes me float on all clouds. I feel comfortable, I feel happy.

I have been able to sleep so well again after a long time. There is something about him that makes me feel protected so that I could rest peacefully. It was the second night we spent together, but it already makes me yearn for waking up every day like this, for being greeted by his beautiful face every day, for hearing his laughter as the first melody in the morning, which then resonates in my ears for the rest of the day, as if it were a song that was stuck in my head.

It is the first time that I have the luxury of analyzing all his features and characteristics without being intimidated by his intense gaze. It wasn't scaring intimidation, but one that took my breath away because his eyes were so deep and he always looked at me with such a loving gaze that I just didn't know how to react. He made me nervous. So now I take the opportunity to memorize everything about him as if he was one of the most beautiful poems that I always wanted to recite with my eyes closed.

His hair sits messily over his forehead and I get the urge to comb it away but hesitate because I don't want to wake him up and interrupt this. I raise my hand and very slowly brush it off his face with a feathery touch, revealing his forehead. Oh how much I love it when he combs his hair neatly out of his face, it makes him more attractive than he already is. His black curls feel like the softest silk in the world between my fingers as I comb through the few knots in his hair. I love to grab the hair on his nape in our intimate moments because then he lets out the most beautiful sounds and his addictive scent flows through my nose and numbs all my senses.

My fingers move from his scalp down over his cheekbones. The smooth and light skin stands in contrast to my slightly tanned hand and I slowly stroke with my thumb over the prominent high points of his face. My finger runs over a small dent on his cheek and I only now notice that there is a small scar. I have never noticed it before, probably because it is barely there, but it makes me curious how he could have got it. Was he a child when it happened? Did it hurt?

He has masculine features, but something about him also made him cute. Apart from his flirtatious aura and his sharp and attractive looks, he has a little boy hidden deep inside of him who always manages to come to the surface. And he never tries to hide it. I only hope that it is because he feels comfortable next to me. I love this side of him.

The cute nose that sits perfectly in his face is not the smallest, but it suits him and it looks so bopable so I have to pull myself together not to do it. I noticed that day up on the roof terrace how he scrunches it when he laughs and I release a little giggle because it is just so adorable. He licks and smacks his lips as he stirs slightly in his sleep and I put one hand flat on my mouth so that I don't make another sound and wake him up. His lips form into a parted pout and little puff of air hits my face with every breath he exhales.