Part 18

Mature content

Sitting in the car, our way now takes us to our first date. Although I was embarrassed after the zipper issue, Jungkook made me forget this immediately by making funny jokes, for which I'm grateful to him. He refused to say where we were going because he wanted it to be a surprise, but judging by my surroundings, this place is not in the city. We don't drive for too long so it can't be outside the city either, but still in a rather calmer part of the metropolis. It is a warm day and I'm glad that I put on a short dress, as due to the nervousness and the outside temperature I couldn't have guaranteed that I wouldn't end up in a sweating outbreak sometime.

Jungkook parks the car at a roadside that leads to a large meadow decorated with all kinds of little flowers. There is a big lake at the end of the meadow in which some ducks are swimming around. The scenery is breathtaking.

"It's so beautiful here." I adore it as we both get out of the car at the same time and he walks over to the trunk. He takes out a big basket and a blanket, which he then holds in one hand while he strolls towards me, smiling.

"Right? I found this place by coincidence last year."

"The scenery is beautiful and it's so peaceful here. And I see you have prepared a picnic." I raise my eyebrows now looking at the basket in his hand.

"Actually, I asked Aunt Miran if she could put something delicious together for us because I have no idea how to prepare a picnic." he scratches his neck hesitantly, a nervous smile written on his lips as he looks down at me.

I laugh as I shake my head. But not because I was disappointed, but because he was so insecure about his choice of date. I liked how he was so honest with me. Until now, he's shown himself to be neither embarrassed nor shy about showing who the real Jungkook is. And I appreciate that.

Not to start with his choice of place for our date, because it is romantic, not clichéd and a day to remember with pleasure.

"Come."

Grabbing my hand with his free hand, the two of us now slide across the flower meadow together, trying to find a suitable place to lay out our blanket. A few meters away from the lake, where the grass and flowers were now less dense, we decide to settle down. He spreads the blanket out properly and helps me to sit down. I take off my shoes so that I can place my feet comfortably close to my body on the blanket.

I watch him as he unpacks various dishes from the basket and I wonder who is going to eat all this. There is literally everything, from small appetizers to dessert, everything is prepared and I help him to evenly arrange all the plates on the blanket.

"Here," Jungkook says as he hands me a second smaller blanket and I look at him with questioning eyes, not knowing what it is for. "For your legs, in case you feel uncomfortable."

My heart swells at his thoughtful gesture and it makes the butterflies in my stomach flutter around, simply because he is so tender and respectful and worries whether I might feel uncomfortable next to a man because of my dress that kept going up my thighs. I take the blanket out of his hand and lay it down next to me with a gentle smile.

"Thank you for being so considerate, but I feel very comfortable next to you," I reassure him, causing his eyes to form crescents and a happy and proud grin to appear on his face, which makes me giggle because he looks so cute even though his outfit is calling out other names.

I check him out as the shirt tightens on his arms with his every move, emphasizing his broad shoulders, as the tight pants so delicately grip his thighs, and I have to clear my throat as I force myself to look away because my thoughts are inappropriate right now. But I can't help it, because Jungkook is a gorgeous and handsome man.