Chapter 5

The smile of a person that saved my soul

(Toga POV)

This warmth I feel is so soothing. It's so quiet and calm, I can't remember the last time I felt like this. What is this soft thing I'm sleeping on? As my eyes slowly opened they gently adjusted to the light in the room. Before I could process where I was I started recalling what happened yesterday, and started thinking 'OHHH NOOOO I fell asleep while crying, what happened to that cute boy? I didn't get his name or number, what will I do now?'.

But before I could stand up, I noticed that I was in a small shed. I then notice the blankets on me, and afterwards I feel an arm around my shoulder holding me tight. My first reaction was to panic a little, but as I tried to stand up the arm took a hold of me and dragged me back down.

Before I could do anything again I heard a soft sleepy voice telling me "Don't cry, It's okay, I'm still here, I won't leave you", while the voice was reassuring me the want was keeping me in a tight and warm hug. 'That voice, I heard it before', and as I thought that I turned my head to see the boy from yesterday.

 'That voice, I heard it before', and as I thought that I turned my head to see the boy from yesterday

When I saw his face a thought popped up in my head 'He is so cute, I feel so safe and happy. I hope he does not leave me, I wish that he can stay, I want to stay with him'. But before my emotions could spiral out of control, I felt his hand gently patting my head. I looked up and saw that he was still sleeping. The surprise was that he was mumbling in his sleep, but what made my heart ache was what he was mumbling in his sleep, he was mumbling "Don't worry, I'm here. I won't leave you, I'll stay as long as you need"

With those few words I felt years of pain lifted off my shoulders, I snuggled into his cuddles and thought 'I'm so happy right now'. But as I did that he said "Good morning cupcake" which made me internally scream as I blushed. I responded back with "Good morning my dark prince" and he blushed as hard as me.

I asked him "So you wanna tell me what happened yesterday" I asked him with a smirk, he responded in a shy quiet voice "Well you cried yourself tired, and fell asleep. I did not have the heart to leave you alone, especially after promising to stay by your side until you're happy".

When I heard those words I felt my heart skip a beat, as I looked into his gentle eyes I had a question on my mind. I looked away because I was afraid of the answer, but I asked him in a shaky and quiet voice "Would you still be by my side, if I told you that I have a quirk?" thinking he would reject me, or even take time to think, but no.

Within a heartbeat he said "I couldn't care less, a quirk doesn't defy who you are, you defy what you do with your quirk, little cupcake", I turned my head so fast that I could have gotten a whiplash. I looked at him and all he did was smile, while he was softly stroking my cheek.

I looked at him and closed my eyes, before asking the only question I had left "What if I told you that it's a blood related quirk, that makes me crave blood now and then. As well as if I don't get it for a long time, I get into that crazy frenzy you saw yesterday". I became afraid since I didn't hear another quick answer, I felt his hand leave my check and move some fabric to the side.

The only thing I heard was "you can open your eyes", when I opened my eyes what I saw shocked me. I didn't know his name and yet he was offering me to bite into his neck. He just said "Please be careful, I kind of have very little blood from the incident yesterday".

As he said that I wondered what happened to him, I didn't even know his name. I used my hands to pull down his arm, and gave his neck a small kiss. I then said "Maybe another time, I wouldn't want to hurt my protector, I can still hold myself". He looked at me for a moment before accepting it, and planting a small kiss on my forehead, which made me blush and energetic.

While he was packing the equipment back into his backpack, he asked for my name and I his. Before I knew it he was taking out a first aid kit, rubbing alcohol, medical tape and some clean cloths. He then started to strip his upper body, and I started to blush and close my eyes while covering with my hands.

All I heard was *cough cough* "Toga, I know it might be a weird request, but could you help me with my shirt? I kind of need to check my wound", at that moment I stopped blushing being afraid for my little Izu.

As I helped him remove his shirt I was screaming on the inside, I wanted to cry, I wanted to help him. What caused this reaction was all the scars all over his body

I was whimpering and tears were pouring down my face, and I asked him "What *sniff* What happened to you? *sniff sniff* who *sniff* who did this to you"

I was whimpering and tears were pouring down my face, and I asked him "What *sniff* What happened to you? *sniff sniff* who *sniff* who did this to you". He turned around and looked at me with a sad look while saying with an emotionless voice "This has been my life for the past 6 years". '6 YEARS!!!!!' was all I could think as I asked him why. He looked down and said "I am something worse than a possessor of a villain quirk".

I was searching for an answer in his eyes, but all I saw was pain, suffering, loneliness and sadness, he saw that I wouldn't give up so he sighed *sigh* and said "I'm quirkless. Some people treat me as I'm invisible, but most of them treat me like I'm trash, garbage, the plague, waste of space or a punching bag", he took a breath and said "I would not blame you if you left me, I'm use......", he didn't get to finish his sentence since I was pressing my lips against his.

After we parted our lips, I hugged him tightly and said in a happy voice "You were the first one accept me for me, so why shouldn't I do the same for you my little Izu", he hugged me back with everything he had and said "I'm so happy that I found you yesterday my little sweet cupcake".

As we broke the hug, he cupped my face with his hand and said "You kissed me, so it would only be fair if I kissed you'' as he pulled my head closer and had a big and long kiss, which made me blush more than ever.

We then took off the towel, and then removed the cloth that was wrapped around his stump. As we were cleaning the wound with rubbing alcohol, re-applying the antibiotic cream, then wrapping a new clean cloth around the stump and taping it tight, and doing it with the towel also.

As I was helping him to put the shirt back on, I was wondering what happened to his arm but I felt that I should wait for another time to ask about it. As he was clothed and ready, he opened the door and turned to me with a smile that I could die from. He reached out his hand to me and said "I know it's a lot to ask, but would you leave this corrupt society and join me on an adventure".

I took his hand, while smiling in an energetic and happy voice I said "of course, I'll follow you wherever you go" as a tear left my eye, as we left deeper into the forest.

Posted 7. January 2021
1360 words

~Author note~
I hope you guys enjoyed this small bonding moment, the story will gain some speed now, but now and then I will put some Toga and Izuku moments.