Chapter 43

The Sage of Six Paths

Izuku for the first time in years muttered out in shock "Hagoromo Ōtsutsuki" which caused Hagoromo to lift his eyebrow in curiosity, due to still being recognized after all this time.

Hagoromo stared for a while at the shocked Izuku before recognizing some parts of Izuku's Chakra. Hagoromo then stated out loud "So you're a descendant of Indra?" which caused Izuku to return from his shocked state before replying "I don't know who that is mister."

His reply only made Hagoromo chuckle for a bit before saying "Aren't you a well mannered child. Well if you don't know who Indra is, maybe you've heard of Sasuke Uchiha or Madara Uchiha" after saying that he saw the sad expression appear on Izuku's face and asked what was wrong.

Izuku sat down on the ground and wiped away a few tears that had started to appear before stating "Ofc I know them, Sasuke is like a big brother to me and Madara is my father, and I haven't been able to see them, since I have been stuck in this place for what I can assume is soon a year".

Hagoromo understood that Izuku was having a hard time, especially since he himself had traveled on a long and lonely journey when he was younger, but even then he had the world to explore and people to talk to, while Izuku had been wandering alone from and into nothingness before he met him.

He slowly hovered closer to Izuku and put his hand onto Izuku's shoulder before saying "You're not alone anymore" This calmed Izuku down knowing that he'd finally have gotten someone to talk to.

After calming himself down Hagoromo asked Izuku if he wanted to hear a story, it was about Hagoromo's two sons which would later establish the Uchiha clan and the Senju clan. Izuku rapidly nodded his head, due to being curious and finally having someone else to listen to then the echoing voice.

Izuku yawned after that lengthy story, and for the first time in while he didn't feel like he was emotionally drained, he actually felt tired and calm which didn't make sense for him, since he'd never felt like that since he arrived.

He lied down and put his head down for a second before finally falling asleep, and for the first time in a while he actually smiled a genuine smile while sleeping.

Izuku was disappointed when he woke up still being in the same place, and for a moment he thought that the whole meeting with Hagoromo, was just a desperate plea from his subconscious.

But that thought quickly disappeared when he heard Hagoromo say "Good morning. I must apologize but I had made you feel tired during our story, I felt like you really deserved a good night's rest." Izuku just waved him off telling him not to worry, that he was actually very thankful.

Out of the blue Hagoromo then asked Izuku "Izuku, I need to ask you a question. Why do you seek power?" This question caused Izuku to flinch before hearing Hagoromo then say.

"Asura, thought the trust, help and love that he gained from others, gained the power to create to protect everyone he wanted. While his brother Indra did everything with his own power alone, and believed that power and force could achieve anything, even peace. So I'm asking you, why do you seek power? and what do you want to achieve?"

Izuku was deep in thought for a while before saying "I seek power to protect the ones I hold dear, the people that were treated unfairly, the innocent and the weak ones that need from the strong."

He thought for another moment before saying "And what I seek to achieve is Justice for everyone that needs it, and if I can, maybe even create world peace by making people more understanding and accepting towards each other's pain? There is more but I can't think of it right now, since my brain is still a bit scrambled from being here so long"