Chapter 31

Trial: People of Japan vs Tormenters

A few hours after the press conference that was arranged by All Might and the others, the Supreme Court of Japan had sent out their official statement.

Their statement was that the alleged party would be judged in court as a group, due to the fact that every one of them had played a main role, in harming the said accuser for this court case.

The defendants press conference was live streamed, and ended up being posted and shared on various social media platforms. Their statement brought up questions surrounding Izuku's claim towards his accusers.

For the most part people still believed Izuku, but some had started to look at it from All Might position. He still bore the title of Symbol of Peace, and that press conference alone brought doubt to Izuku's claim.

Though it was a very tiny amount, some people started to flip it around on Izuku. Stating that he might have faked it all, or that the story he shared might have been manipulated, or even manufactured.

Seeing this gave All Might and the others some relief, while at the same time it brought them some hope of winning this case.

It was said that their case would be held within two days after their press release, giving the defended party some time to get ready. While also giving the Supreme Court some time to collect trustworthy people for the jury, people who could stand and look at the case as objectively as possible.

~~The day of Court~~

The Supreme Court had decided that the trial would be held at an undisclosed location, due to the fact that it attracted an international level of attention. This was also due to them wanting to avoid people interrupting, while also avoiding villains from attacking the trial.

It was 7am when people started to arrive at the courtroom, and the trial would begin at 8am.

In the courtroom on the defendant's side there could be seen the families of Yagi, Bakugo and Todoroki. They also had bought the services of multiple overpriced defense lawyers that were the best in their field of work.

On the prosecutor side there could be seen U.A. staff, some pro heroes outside U.A, Tsukauchi, lawyers and some other important government figures.

Nezu was sipping his tea while looking around and waiting for the trial to begin, that was when his sight landed on All Might and his stupid grin. Making Nezu understand that this Buffon doesn't know what harm he did, by the statements he gave a few days ago.

The clock on the wall hit 8 am, and the judge came in and went to her seat before sitting down. The bailiff then said "All rise" which made everyone beside the judge stand up, before he then said "Department One of the Supreme Court is now in session. Judge Asuna Yuuki presided. Please be seated" which after made everyone sit down.

Anuna looked around the courtroom before greeting everyone "Good morning, ladies and gentlemen. Calling the case of the People of Japan versus Bakugo's, Todoroki's and the Yagi's. Are both side's ready?"

Everyone in the room nodded, then the defense lawyer said "Ready for the defense, Your Honor." with the prosecutor following up with "Ready for the People, Your Honor."

The judge then looked towards the clerk while asking her to swear in the jury, after a few minutes she then looked at the deputy district attorney (DDA) signaling him to start.

The DDA then stood up and started to talk towards the jury "Your Honor, ladies and gentlemen of the jury: the defendants have been charged with the crimes of (A lot of different crimes). The evidence show that this was happening from July the xxth in the year xxxx, to July the 16th in the year xxxx which is 10 years in total"