Chapter 50

Quirks going haywire on a national level?

When Orochimaru entered the kitchen he saw Izuku and the others talking about some of his abilities. He'd just gotten an urgent request from the Japanese government, they requested an intel gathering mission due to the increase of Quirk accidents.

He coughed into his hand to gain the others attention *Ahem Ahem* which made everyone turn towards him. As he was looking towards them he stated "We'd just gotten an Intel gathering mission from Japan, there have been incidents of civilians' quirks going haywire."

Peeking their interest, everyone was now giving him all of their attention due to the seriousness of the issue. Orochimaru brought up a case file and started reading from it.

"The record showed that these kinds of quirk malfunctions first started up in America, but just a few months ago they also started to appear here in Japan. The government does not know if this is caused by someone's quirk, reacting to a specific event or if it's just a natural event like a virus, plague, flu, etc. That is why the government has hired us to figure this out."

"It is stated that there could have been earlier cases, but the government did not notice this problem, until some civilians began to panic as their quirk went berserk without them activating it" Orochimaru went on to reading the recorded case files with a casual tone.

"The first recorded incident happened five months ago, in Saitama prefecture. It was there that twenty civilians activated their quirks out of the blue in a bar. When confronted by the heroes and police, they yelled out that they could not deactivate their quirk, and that they couldn't control them."

"After a few hours the heroes finally got quirk canceling handcuffs on all of them, when integrated they came to a conclusion that the civilians were truly the victims in this case"

"The second recorded incident happened four months ago, in Tokyo prefecture. There was a group of 50 civilians that activated their quirks in a Matsuri Japanese summer festival. Due to many gigantification quirks there was a lot of damage to the surroundings, at the same time some people got wounded. After a few hours the officers and heroes got everything under control"

"The third recorded incident was recorded a few weeks after that, in Shizuoka prefecture. There was an accident on a ferry, where everyone on the ferry had their quirk go crazy. There were twelve fatalities and thirty eight wounded as the ship sank in the middle of the ocean."

Orochimaru kept on reading page after page until he'd gone through a fat stack of paper. He then placed down the stack of papers before looking towards the others.

"As you see, there has been a steady but rapid increase in these cases" he said with a stern tone, he then put down the stack of paper before looking towards the others and stating "We need to make an Intel gather unit, since this will be less of battling and more of gathering information."

"This unit needs to be stealthy and behind the scenes" he said before turning towards the elite four an saying "So I'm sorry to say this but Hashirama, Tobirama, Madara and Tsunade you're out. Your looks and presence are to noticeable so with in mind you would need to skip this mission, we might need you later but right now relax"

He looked back towards the others and said " Sasuke, Itachi, Haku, Toga and Izuku you'll use your stealth and gathering skills to obtain intel we need, and no killing unless it's necessary. Since we don't want those we are chasing to go underground."

Konan raised her hand which made Orochimaru raise his eyebrow before giving her permission to talk. She pulled down her arm before stating "What about me?" he looked at her with a curious look before answering "Are you sure you want to join? So far you've only agreed to help train Izuku, I don't want to force you to do something you don't want."