Chapter 38

The smallest favor,
may result in the best outcomes!

The mission that Orochimaru had given to Toga and Tobirama, was to dismantle a villainess organization who was mainly operating from the southern part of Asia. The organizations specialty was hero assassination, government destabilization and human trafficking.

A few days before Izuku was fatally wounded, the various Asian countries had covertly decided to hold a secret meeting. It was there, where their governments top ranked officials would decide how to deal with the problem at hand.

Due to the size, and the amount of crimes that the villainess organization had committed. They'd all come to an agreement that they would hire the legendary fixer group 'Akatsuki'.

Orochimaru took it upon himself to fix their problems, and within a few days he was already getting good results. It was then he got a message from Itachi telling him 'CODE WHITE', which for the first time caused him to halt an active mission as a fixer.

After the whole ordeal with Izuku, he'd planned to call the countries that hired him and cancel his services while also apologizing to them. He'd decided that Izuku's condition was much more important than his job. He wanted to keep an eye on Izuku's health, just in case it took a turn for the worse.

That's when Toga came into his office and asked for a job, to which he ended up assigning his halted mission to her and Tobirama. This is how they ended up sitting on the top of a hill while looking down towards a secret base, it was previously occupied by a group of villains, and the base itself was hidden deep in a forest on a deserted island.

The only reason why it was formerly inhabited by the villains, was because after a lengthy battle every villain that had been living there, was now lying dead on the ground.

Both of them used their shadow clones to gather all of the bodies in one spot before cremating them. When they were done they left the island uninhabited, and traveled towards their next destination.

While they were traveling to their next location, Tobirama could be seen having a puzzled look on his face. He'd been thinking of reasons as to why he was feeling off for the past week.

In the beginning of the week he thought that it was due to Toga's mental condition, but after sharing their emotional baggage, the feeling was still there. He then thought that it might be due to her physical condition, since the girl had barely eaten, slept or talked for the past two months, which was greatly affecting her fighting capabilities.

After a couple of days Toga's condition had started to show signs of improvement. It mainly due to her finally getting plenty of healthy meals, well rested nights and uplifting stories. This decreased her errors and mistakes during the mission, but she was still far from her peak permanence.

Her condition was improving faster and faster for each day that had passed, but for some reason the feeling he was having was still not dissipating. He then thought that something might have happened at home, but quickly shook off that thought before thinking 'If something bad had happened at home, then they would've already contacted me to return.'

Tobirama ended up shaking his head for a bit before brushing off his puzzled look. He'd decided to ignore this feeling, at least until they had returned back home. This was due to them still a few more locations that they needed to hit before they were done.

The island that they had left was located near the eastern border of the Philippines. It took them almost half a day to travel from that island to the outskirts of Manila, where their next target was located.