Chapter 4 [My Crush is a GAY!?]

After a good lunch and an expensive dinner, Sana resumes working the next day. After work, she had met Nayeon for dinner and they were enjoying their Spicy hotpot when gets a call from “Little Psycho Prince” on her handphone. The is referring to Tzuyu since Sana does not use actual names in her contacts.

“Hi Tzuyu?”

“Sana.”

“Yes speaking.”

“Schrödinger is asking if you are coming for dinner today.”

In her mind, Sana can see Schrödinger with his haughty face. He is probably pawing Tzuyu right now as if to say “TzuTzu, call Sana and see if she is coming to snatch my dinner again. If she is, burn her at the stake!”

It is really cute, haha. Sana thinks to herself and laugh out loud a little.
Sana being Sana, because of losing herself into her imagination and clumsiness, Sana drops her phone. At the other end, Tzuyu holds his phone away from his ear at the loud ‘bang!’. After a beat, he hears her say

“I shall spare you tonight and have dinner elsewhere.”

Tzuyu thinks that if she ever quit sales, she has a bright future as a professional beggar. He replies ‘ok’ and is about to hang up when she adds.

“What are you cooking for dinner tomorrow? Shall I buy the ingredients?” Afraid he may not get her hint for dinner, she adds on meaningfully or should I say shamelessly.

“You know what I mean right?”

What I mean is today I will spare you, but tomorrow, brace yourself.  I am going to have my dinner at your place again. Haha. Sana evilly laugh in her mind.

“Of course. I am not mentally challenged.”

They hang up and Sana and Nayeon continue with their meal. To Nayeon, Tzuyu is like a godly presence and she peppers her friend with tons of questions on her god.

“How does he look like when he is cooking? Is he handsome? Do you have a picture? Even a candid shot of his back is fine.”

Sana honestly doesn’t know. Tzuyu is very good looking but he is spotting a black eye at the moment which was a present thanks to her punch that day and also she feels guilty whenever she sees it – so she avoids looking at him. In fact, she is more familiar with how Schrödinger looks than him.

Thinking of the cat, Sana asks. “Have you heard of Schrödinger?”

“Yes I have. He is a bad, bad guy. Also he is a proud one.”

“Huh?”

Nayeon has come across the name “Schrödinger” when she was researching on Tzuyu. She does not understand what his testing is about and can only remember that it involves animal torture.

Nayeon continues. “Tell me more about Mr Genius. If I know more about him, there is still a chance I can woo him back for my company.”

After Sana had told Nayeon everything she knows about Tzuyu, the latter looks more confused.

“Sana, don’t you find it weird?”

Although they have been friends for some time, Sana has never fully understood Nayeon’s thought logic. “In what way?”

“He is unattached! With his attributes, he is just like Tripitaka in “Journey to the West”! Why has no demoness appeared yet to capture him?”

“Perhaps he has not met anyone interesting?”

“No way. It must be his sexual orientation”

? ? ?

Nayeon gives her a knowing look. “Mr Genius is probably Yoo Jeongyeon’s mistress”

Sana nearly spills her drink. *Cough cough

“What rubbish are you sprouting? Jeongyeon is his brother!”

“If they are real brothers, why do they have different surnames? Do they look alike?”

“Well….” Sana shakes her head hesitantly.

“Perhaps they are cousins? Or it could be that their family is very complex.”

Nayeon give a strange look to her as if telling that she is so stupid.

“Nah, you are so native. Believe me. I have seen too many of such stories. Real blood brothers are more likely to keep a clean book of accounts between them. Only other kind of “brothers” is so generous.”

Hmm, that sounds logical too. Afterall, Jeongyeon has just paid over $30000 for a R8 without batting an eye.

Seeing that Sana looks confused, Nayeon continues.

“Let me ask you a few questions. How is his taste like? Does he have conventional views on what is beautiful?”

Sana thinks about Tzuyu’s chic apartment and dress sense.

“I think he has good taste.”

“Ah huh!” Nayeon is even more convinced. “Straight guys usually have poor taste. Gays are usually the ones with good taste. Besides, you said it yourself – he keeps a cat.”

“Yes… but that doesn’t mean anything!”

“I read on the web that most guys who keep cats as pets are gay.”

“Nonsense. Not everyone is like that.”

“Of course not everyone is like that but just think of the probability! Given so many indicators – let us just assume that the truth element of each indicator is 80% – why just two reasons will give us 6400%!”

At Nayeon’s mathematics prowess, or lack of it, Sana is more convinced than ever that her friend is totally off-base although she cannot erase a last silver of doubt. Sana covers her ears.

“Okay, that is enough. I don’t want to hear anymore!”

Nayeon sips her orange juice and shakes her head.

“You still need to learn a lot... my baby girl”

SANA: “…”

"It's so heartbreaking for me to find out my 7 years crush is actually a gay."

Nayeon depressingly said.

Oh you have a crush, and a gay. That was sad. It's okay. You have plenty of crushes.  Sana thinks.
.
.
.
Wait ...what!? 7 years old crush!? For freaking 7 years!? When did you become so serious about crushing on a man. How come I didn't know about it!??? As far as she remembers, the numbers of Nayeon's crushes are even more than the numbers of clothes in her closet..

"What!????? You have a 7 years crush!???? That long!? Who??? When!?? How????"

Sana is shocked about the new information from Nayeon.

"Relax lady, relax take a breath, one question at one time okay!?"

"Spill the tea"

"Okay. Do you remember about the one I had a crush during my high school!?"

"Wait, let me recall it. You have too many crushes."

"....."

"Ohh, I got it. The handsome classmate of yours whom you said he is totally out of your reach, right!?"

"Yeah, it's him."

Ohh... Okay. Is he a gay now!? How do you know!? Wait how it is concerned with the topic we are talking about now!? We are talking about Tzuyu being gay. Maybe it reminds her about her gay crush too. But how do she just know her high school crush is a gay!? I mean just now!? Isn't it too sudden!? Sana thinks to herself and stare at Nayeon with confused eyes.

"Umm!? What!?"

"How did you just know your high school crush is a gay!?"

"Oh, it is because he is Yoo Jeongyeon"

"Umm!? What!?" Sana is more confused now.

" My high school crush, he is Yoo Jeongyeon."
.
.
.

Sana : ....

Nani!? Whattttt! the fckkkk!?????

XxxxxX

To be continued>>>