Chapter 38 [Let's Make An Alliance]

Elkie is surprised to see a missed call from Yeeun when she finished her yoga class.

Flushed from exercise, her healthy hue brings out her beautiful features and she attracted many admiring glances when she stands beside a shaded tree to return the call. However, her excited air has changed into a frown by the time she ends the call.

When you receive a call from your ex-boyfriend at 3.30pm on a work day, asking you in a business-like tone if you are free for a chat….. there could be many possibilities but none would include rehashing about their lost love.

Mocking herself for her disappointment, she tells herself that all man are the same – in with the new; out with the old. How can she expect Jung Yeeun to remember her when he has a new target now? They agreed to meet at a café close to Elkie and she purposely drags her feet to appear after Yeeun has reached the venue.

Looking at her, Yeeun shakes his head at her beautiful aura and doe-like eyes, which at the very moment, are a little red due to some strong emotion.

“I really admire this side of you. It is obvious that you do not really like me all that much but yet you must put up a front like you cannot forget me. If I am like Eunbin, I will probably fall for your act but I am really curious. How many men has fallen for this trick of yours and how many spare tyres do you have?”

Elkie is so angry that her face turns white. “What do you mean by that remark?!”

“Please don’t be angry. Actually, we are both the same at heart except I can probably restrain myself better.”

He did not explain how he thinks he is better since he is after her cooperation today and not here to pick a quarrel with her. He pours a cup of tea for her then for himself.

“I invited you today to ask you this – are you going after Chou Tzuyu?”

She gives him a cold smile. “Don’t you forget Jung Yeeun, that we are no longer together. Whoever I am going after or whoever is chasing after me is none of your concern.”

He nods. “It is indeed none of my business. I do not wish to interfere either but if you are really chasing after him, you must know that Chou Tzuyu is very close with Sana recently.”

Elkie burst out in shrilly laughter. Her deliberate screech is like the caterwauling from a female ghost and Yeeun has to clamp down the urge to slap her. After she has stopped laughing, she speaks.

“So you have arranged this meeting because of Minatozaki Sana. Jung Yeeun, you are really no better than me.”

Yeeun replies with an annoyed tone. “My business is none of your concern but do you understand where I am coming from?”

“Minatozaki Sana, Minatozaki Sana” Elkie tests the sound of the name around her tongue. “This woman is really something.”

“Please don’t say so. She is different from you so there is really no basis for comparison.”

“If she is not, why would you and Tzuyu be so enamored of her?”

“That is simple.” He leans forward slightly and looks at her sincerely. “Because she is not pretentious.”

That sparks Elkie ire again. “What do you mean!”

“My meaning is – we can cooperate on this. You take care of Chou Tzuyu while I take care of Sana. What do you think?”

“Why are you so sure that I want to be back together with Tzuyu?”

“I saw a video clip of you at your friend’s wedding.” Looking at her twisted features, he wisely refrained from elaborating further. This is one woman would rather be humiliated by a man than show an imperfect front to others.