Chapter 37 [Chou Tzuyu Is A Psychopath!]

After his drip, Tzuyu is in very good spirits and the pair decides to go shopping since it is still early. Sana buys a pair of shoes, skirt, and bracelet for herself, and selects a printed shirt for Tzuyu. The shirt is quite loud with fiery-red maple leaf prints but thankfully, he is good-looking enough to carry it off without looking like some desperate, singer wanna-be.

When Sana gives her card to the cashier and tells Tzuyu that she is buying the shirt for him, it makes him very happy even though he thinks that the shirt is ugly. As for the cashier, she looks admiringly at Sana and thinks to herself: I must aspire to be like this beautiful woman – earn tons of money, keep a good-looking Little Handsome Face (gigolo), and buy him lots of nice-looking clothes!

As the two make their way downstairs, Sana stops to stare at an ice-cream poster but Tzuyu gently turns her head 90 degrees to face the other way. “You cannot eat this.”

“Can’t I even look?”

He rubs her head and smiles. “No.”

Humph! She reminds herself that he just have 3 transfusions in as many days and decides not to rebut him.

At an accessory shop, Sana experiments with different clips and bands and asks Tzuyu for his opinions. After several tries, she concludes that his fashion sense remains somewhere in the pre-liberation era and decides not to ask him for further opinions. When she puts down the clip in her hand, she spots several hairbands with ears sewn on them. After putting on a golden-colored band for herself, she takes a brown band and waves Tzuyu over.

“Tzu Tzu_ah come and try this!”

Tzuyu raises a protective hand to his temple. “This is meant for woman.” He argues with her.

Even when the shop assistant assures him that the particular hairband is for man, Tzuyu defends his head well and refuses to try it. His reluctance makes Sana more determined to see him wear the ears for some reason, and she buys both the female and male bands while she go figure how to make him wear it in future.

For their last stop, they stop by a pet shop to buy some stuff for Schrodinger. Despite the gift, Schrodinger seems to have developed amnesia and does not pay Sana any heed when they reach home. Still, the more he ignores her, the more she likes to play with him until he meows his displeasure.

Tzuyu appears with a bowl of double-boiled pear and the two proceed to eat their dessert on the Persian rug on the floor. When Schrodinger turns his big eyes on them hoping for some fruit, none of them give him any. Disappointed, he looks at the floor and meows. Yup, he has known for a while that his owner no longer loves him and he walks over to the window to watch the sunset alone.

(Schrodinger: Now, my master loves that squirrel like human more than me. I am so lonely)

After they have polished off the double-boiled pear, Sana says:

“Tzu Tzu_ah, you seem quite knowledgeable in surveillance systems so I would like to ask your opinion on something. Do you think it is possible to switch the output of a surveillance camera to another source, like a big screen, for instance?”

“Sure, so long as there is connectivity between two devices.”

Sana slaps her thigh. “So that is how! I tell you, on the first day I met you, do you remember, the day at the exhibition…….”

How can he not remember?

At his nod, she continues. “I was caught on the surveillance camera with Nayeon and someone actually switched our image to be shown on the big screen so that everyone in the hall can see. I have suspected at that time that something is amiss but do you think that someone intentionally pulled that prank on us?”