Chapter 42 [I Wish For Sana Minatozaki]

Jung Yeeun has always thought that he is a good-natured guy but this time, he is really angry. He has never seen a more inconsiderate person and the worse thing this, this chewing-gum seems to know their itinerary like the back of his hand.

Sana walks up to Tzuyu and taps on his shoulder. “Explain.”

He is all innocence. “Do not think that I’m stalking you.” At her look of disbelief, he adds. “If you really think I am, can you tell me how did I manage to track you?”

When Sana has no answer he continues. “The tracking feature in your mobile phone has been turned off and although it is possible for me to override the code, that is illegal and I will definitely not break the law in my dealings with you. So I really did not follow you.”

Sana wavers. “Then why do we keep running into each other?”

Tzuyu speaks with feeling. “To meet a friend in a foreign city is call ‘affinity’. Can’t be help on that score.”

“Huh! As if you believe in affinity.”

“I am merely using a concept which you understand to explain things to you.”

Yeeun has enough of playing the third wheel and coughs discreetly. “Let us go in.”

Sana continues to bicker with Tzuyu but just before they reach the lifts, Yeeun stops her.

"Sana, can you spare me some time? We need to discuss about tomorrow.”

When it involves work, Tzuyu will not hold back Sana no matter how thick-skinned he is, so he watches in silence as the two go off in the direction of the lounge.  Before they disappear from view, Yeeun turns and throws him a cold, challenging look. Tzuyu acknowledges that the man does have reason to look down on him on certain levels, but then again, he never have problem ignoring derisions so he did not take it to heart and steps into the lift.

As for Yeeun, although he has come up with this excuse to way laid Sana at the last minute he is able to switch to his business mode smoothly. Unfortunately, he realizes too late that Sana has taken the cue from him and is playing the role of the hardworking subordinate very seriously.

This is not what he is after! He has hoped to establish a less formal relationship with her on this trip (he will be more than happy if there are any major leaps in their relationship) but now, he has widen their gap by his own doing.

After a while, he orders some tea and tries to change the topic to something non-work related but he can tell that he is losing Sana’s attention, who cannot help wondering about Tzuyu although she is also aware of Boss’s strange mood today. Still, Yeeun is one who knows when to stop when the going is good and finally dismisses her for the night.

After she leaves, Yeeun feels lost and a little confused. He seems to be caught in a meaningless loop that he has no control over. Melancholy kicks in with this realization, and the normally cool, handsome, self-centred boss ends up cooling off by his lonesome in the lounge.

XxxxxX

When Sana reaches her floor, she sees Tzuyu again. This time, he is sitting on the carpeted corridor with his back to a door. His is hugging his knees and she is struck once more by his demure manners. Can’t he act a bit more rugged? Still his little-lost-boy rendition strikes a chord in her and she relents.

He turns when he hears a sound but this time, he did not say “what a coincidence” when he sees Sana. She walks over, squats down, and looks at him curiously,

“Why are you sitting here?”

Tzuyu replies reluctantly. “My room card is not working. I suspect that the electronic lock has ran out of electricity.”