Chapter 20 [Because I Want You To Win]

Yeeun shakes his head mentally. Chou Tzuyu is too devious. He has known that Eunbin will fall for his bait, or else why has he issued the challenge Eunbin and not to himself? And of all things, why did Eunbin agree to a card game? That goddamn idiot is an IQ freak and anyone with any common sense would not have agreed to a card game with him. But it is too late to retract now and they can only forge ahead.

The four of them move on to the cards room in the club and Eunbin recovers enough by to rebuff.

“Humph! Sore loser.“

Although Tzuyu admits openly that “True, I cannot afford to lose.”, he knows that he and Sana do not have the moral grounds to be too cocky so he decides that no matter what game the other party chooses, he will accept their choice.

Yeeun knows that he must choose a simple game. The more complex a game, the more it demands logical thinking, memory skills which will put them on a a disadvantage. Not that he has low self-confidence – compared to most, he is considered a clever man – but he is careful not to overestimate himself in front of Tzuyu. Eunbin apparently thinks the same and chooses a game call 'Battling against the Landlord'.

The game only requires 3 to play so Lan Shan sits out the game and lets Tzuyu handles the other two. It is a simple game with a heavy luck component. The setup is in Yeeun and Eunbin's favor since they are 2 against 1 although Yeeun is not going to complain about that. If Tzuyu’s luck is bad enough, he thinks, there is a high chance they can win this game.

Tzuyu thinks, unless his luck is super bad, he is sure to win.

Can Tzuyu’s luck be bad? Come on, this is a guy who can pick up a box of condoms from nowhere at the age of 6, and the same guy who gets a car license at his first bid. How bad can his luck be? Sana has heard from a customer before that 'the simpler a person, the better his luck is'. She has not thought much about this saying at that time but looking at  Tzuyu’s cards now, she feels that that statement is really classic.

Tzuyu wins 5 games in a row before putting down his cards for the last time, no need to continue further.

Yeeun and Eunbin are disappointed. Very disappointed. Is it not enough that their card skills cannot compare to this bastard, how can their luck be so shitty too? This man is a freak. He should be exterminated!

Since they have each win a round, a normal person would have gone for a third round in order to draw a conclusion to their competition. Sana wants to continue to third round, but Tzuyu does not agree.

“Let’s not play with them anymore. Didn’t you want to play pool in the first place? Shall we go play now?” Tzuyu says.

Eunbin brightens up at the word ‘pool’ but he has gotten wiser when it comes to Tzuyu and looks discreetly at Yeeun for his opinion.

Yeeun is pretty sore over losing. Actually he is already sore when they win the first round – 2 men against 1 woman, and they only beat her marginally, where is the glory in that? He really hopes to salvage some of his image in front of Sana so he suggests.

“Why not we play together. But I must first declare that Eunbin and are only average players.” This is bull. In actual fact, both of them can play very well.

Sana is an average player and admits as such “I am an average player too.”

Tzuyu: “I am not too good either.”

Although the other 3 knows that Tzuyu is a genius in the IQ department, they all believe that he is not good at lying and is the typical high-IQ-low-EQ type. So they adjourn to the pools table and agree that win or lose, this shall be their final battle.