Chapter 15 [Oh, You Look Quite ... Manly]

Sana feels that Tzuyu is really one of a kind. Sometimes, he is seems inapt at social niceties. His words can drive a person up the wall but his next sentence may have the ability to chase all your dark clouds away.  Just what kind of breed is he?

Her anger left as quickly as it comes and she holds out her racket to Tzuyu.

“Here, help me hold this.”

When he takes the racket, he can see that she is no longer angry and for some reason, his mood turns lighter too.

The two reach the sports centre which belongs to Tzuyu's school. He has staff discount for the court rental which he paid for using his staff card. Sana has noticed that Tzuyu does not like to use cash, perhaps for fear of germs. In truth, she is a little jealous of him. This young man seems to have no concept of money but yet he seems to have unlimited spending capacity. Looking at his careless attitude towards money, she can’t help worrying for him.

“Tzuyu, do you know how to manage your finances? Please do not tell me that you keep most of your cash in a cash card?”

Tzuyu looks at her with faint derision. “Why are you so dumb? Cash cards can expire and is probably the least efficient form of cash.”

I am just worried that you are the dummy here! “Then do you keep your cash in fix deposits?”

Tzuyu shakes his head. “I do not know. I have a financial consultant who helps manage my finances.”

A consultant. Which means she has been concerned again for nothing? But it does seem the kind of thing a rich man like him will do. “Is your consultant reliable?”

“Are you doubting my skills?”

“Huh? You also have skills when it comes to managing finances?”

“I am not referring to that kind of skills, I am talking about the ability to find out things on the web.”

Remembering how he has dug out all her information from the web, Sana thinks she understands. “TzuTzu, Tzu Tzu , can you share his contact with me?”

Tzuyu gives her his consultant contact. Actually, he has no intention of relying on a consultant forever. From his father to his colleagues, everyone around him seems to let their wife manage their finances so he naturally assumes he will also do the same in future.

They start their game after doing some warm-up exercises. After a game, Sana finds that Tzuyu is a pretty decent player although playing with him is not exactly exciting because he isn’t the competitive sort. During their break, she asks:

“Why do you only defend and not attack?”

“I feel that the aim of exercise is to keep our bodies healthy. Since that objective has been met, there is no need to drive to the kill.”

Sana is not satisfied. “Simply put, you do not care if you win or lose.”

Tzuyu rebuts. “And you put too much emphasis in winning.”

“Hello, hello. Winning is part of survival ok? Have you never thought of being #1, even in school?”

“I have always been #1 in school.”

Sana: “……”  (Speechless)

She tries another track.

“It is like chasing a woman. Surely you hope that the woman you like will choose you over her other suitors right?”

“It is always the woman who chases after me.”

Sana: “……” (More Speechless)

This guy is simply too much! No, no! It is my fault that I forgot he is the 99% Mr Perfect except the only 1% of his flaw being gay. But it isn't actually a flaw. Why I started to feel sorry for the girls going after him without knowing the real sexual orientation of their Mr Perfectl ! Sana thinks to herself.