Chapter 18 [The Unsuccessful Coincidental Meeting]

Sana is very touched. Standing among the peonies, she bellows: “Tzu Tzu!”

Tzuyu heard her and and wondered if something has happened to her.  Dropping everything he is doing (cooking dinner), he dashes to the balcony, specula in hand, wearing a pink apron which is obviously a present from his Dumb Dumb Squirrel. Ohh, why he is so cute!!! Sana thinks to herself. Maybe she should buy more pink stuff in the future.

“What is wrong?”

Sana smiles. “Where did you get these flowers?”

“I bought them, Dummy!”

“Where did you buy them?”

Seeing that she is unhurt, and totally fine, Tzuyu starts to feel irritated from being interrupted while cooking. “I bought them from the florist of course. Do you think I could have gotten them from the animal wholesale zoo?”

“Did you buy them for me?”

“I think you should stop thinking so highly of yourself.”

But Sana has her suspicions and is not going to be dismissed so easily. “Do you expect me to believe that you bought them for yourself? Are you a woman who like flowers?”

Tzuyu lowers his head and speaks to his shiny specula. “I am just worried that you will steal other people flowers.”

So, actually he did buy those flowers for her!! Sana is very touched with his sincerity.
To think he can come up with such an excuse! Sana decides to erase the last remark from her memory. Tzuyu sniffs the air. “The mushrooms are turning mushy.” and hurries back to the kitchen.

Although the mushrooms did end up mushy that day, Sana still enjoys her dinner immensely. After dinner, she follows behind Tzuyu for an after-dinner stroll and meets another dog. Looking at her cowering behind him, Tzuyu says disdainfully. “You are worse than Schrödinger.”

“Don’t tell me Schrödinger is not afraid of dogs?”

“He is only afraid of mice.”

That catches Sana’s attention. A cat that is afraid of mice and not dogs? Is that little eunuch really a cat or is it something else in disguise?

XxxxxX

The next day at work, Sana and her colleagues are discussing about Jung Yeeun who got featured in a finance magazine. Apparently, his parents are very rich and his purchase of a 4S Shop is said to be more for interest than for profit. Really, it is not wise to compare oneself against other people or risk chocking from envy. Some people are just born lucky!

His photograph is well-taken in the article and many of Sana’s women colleagues nearly drools while staring. Not Sana though. Firstly, she is a beautiful woman in her own right so she is not easily impressed by looks. Secondly, she has been spending too much time with Tzuyu who is another good-looking specimen, so her immunity towards good looks has climbed another notch. As for background, Sana is also not impressed. It is true that rich second-generations live a good life, but how many rich second-generations are out there? In Sana's book, ambition and hardwork are more a dependable formula for better life.

Tzuyu is the first example that comes to mind. His grandfather is a farmer, his parents are teachers, and despite this relatively normal family, Tzuyu is now doing very well! It helps that he has a golden brain, but his success is also because he is patient and very focused in what he does.

Another example is Jeongyeon. He has the same humble background, but that does not stop him for forming his own company at a young age and making it into a success story from his own efforts. For them, they can say with pride anytime: I am not a rich second-generationer. I am his Father.