Chapter 28 [Just Over Four Million? You Are Poor!]

Tzuyu sucks on the sweet while he observes the wedding ceremony. “Your ex seems to be looking at you.”

“Tzuyu, Do you think Elkie keeps looking at me? And her expression…. could she be secretly in love with me?”

Tzuyu shakes his head confidently. “She is not.”

Just when Sana wants to delve more, the ceremony ends and everyone including them, moves on to the food line. At the other end, Elkie accompanies Sowon to change and touch up her make up. Weddings can be pretty though on the parties involved and it is not uncommon for the bride and bridesmaid to go hungry as they go through rounds of costume changes. When there is only Elkie and Sowon left in the dressing room while the photographer and make-up artiste wait outside, Sowon smiles at Elkie.

“Elkie, is everything ok? Why are you so distracted? Have you taken a fancy to one of the best man?”

Elkie's smile is a little forced. “Is Minatozaki Sana a guest from the bride’s side?”

“Minatozaki Sana? Eunha’s first love is called Sana. Wait.... You mean she is here?”

Elkie has not expected this answer. “Could it be someone with the same name?”

Sowon is more cynical. “It is too much of a coincidence. How dare that woman come after they have parted for god knows how long. Doesn’t she know she should stay away from such occasions? Do you think she is here to cause trouble or harass the groom?”

“Sowon, do you remember that I mention that I broke up with Yeeun because of another woman? That woman is Sana.” Elkie observes Sowon's reaction carefully.

Most woman would not like their husband’s ex-girlfriends and Sowon is no exception. The feeling is enhanced when she hears that the same woman has snatched her friend’s boyfriend. Still today is her big day and Sowon tries not to let this sour her mood. Thinking of the could-have-beens between Elkie and Yeeun, Sowon asks suddenly.

“Do you know why I agree to marry Eunha?”

“Because you love him?”

“I may love him but it is not the main reason. Do you know what is the best thing about Eunha? It is his lack of ambition. He is weak man and man like him is easy to control. As for his mother, don’t be fooled into thinking that she is hard to please. When my dowry includes a house, she dares not even say a word in front of me.”

While Elkie envies her friend, Sowon continues. “So with a strong backing, I know that I will live well with this family. Although I know that most women like their man to be powerful, Elkie, listen to me when I say that such men are hard to control. Marriage is in essence living with another person for the rest of your life and do you think Yeeun is one whom you can live your life with without worry? Why not you find someone who truly loves and cares about you?”

Elkie’s eyes redden. “Sowon. Tzuyu is also here today.”

Sowon is surprised. “Really?”

“He came together with Sana.”

That hussy again! Sowon is starting to find this name annoying to the extreme. It is irritating like a fly and just as impossible to swat away. “Is he Sana’s boyfriend?”

“I do not know but I think so, Sana is very devious.”

Sowon can tell! If there are men, there will be Sana Minatozaki. That woman thinks she can get away with it just because she has a pretty face that…”Bitch!”

Listening to Sowon berate Sana makes Elkie feel better.

“Elkie, How do you feel about Tzuyu? Do you still have...”