Chapter 8 | Need An Assistant?

I felt Gia's hand on my shoulder, and I turned around to see her gazing at me, her light eyebrows raised.

"Everyone is staring at you," she whispered, causing me to turn around slowly to see the remaining females from the crowd gaping at me, shocked that I had made my way up to Alpha Dylan so eagerly and confidently, not caring what Alpha Paul had to say.

In their eyes, I must have come across as disrespectful and desperate, but they didn't know that Dylan was my mate.

I was praying to myself that nobody heard Dylan's cheeky comment before he walked away, wanting to tell the pack myself when the time was right. I hadn't even told my father yet.

I watched as the remaining females dispersed, emptying the grounds, leaving Gia and I standing there in the wind, our hair blowing into tangled knots.

"Let's go back to mine, you can visit Dylan down at the cabin later," suggested Gia, wrapping her arm around my shoulder, leading me towards her house.

"I sure hope Alpha Paul doesn't catch me," I laughed.

"Just tell him you're mates," shrugged Gia, winking at me.

"Yeah, I'm sure he will be fine with it as long as I don't distract Dylan," I replied, chewing at my nails.

"Do you want to watch a movie or something?" asked Gia.

I sighed, shaking my head. "I think I'm going to head home if that's okay? Can we do another night?" I asked sheepishly.

Gia nodded, laughing. "Yeah sure, but update me about Dylan though. Let me know if you go and visit him."

I nodded, giving my best friend a quick hug before pulling away and making my way back to my house, my head hanging low.

I knew it was probably time to tell Jared and my Dad that I had found my mate, but with Jared feeling so low at the moment, I almost felt guilty throwing my happiness into his face, reminding him of yet another thing he didn't have.

I pulled my front door open, sighing to myself as I clambered up the stairs, plopping myself down on my bed, pulling the covers over my face.

Suddenly, a knock at my bedroom door made me groan, rolling over to see my father peering in, smiling.

"How was it? How was the Alpha?" asked my Dad, raising his eyebrows excitedly.

"Yeah, it was fine. Look, Dad there's something-"

"It's a shame Jared didn't go, I think it would have been good for him to get out of the house for once," interrupted my father, fiddling with his watch, distracted.

"Yeah, I guess he wasn't feeling up for it."

"You know, I spoke to him last night when we got back from the ceremony, but he didn't want to open up to me. I was wondering if you knew what was bugging him?"

I chewed on my bottom lip, fiddling with my fingers anxiously. "I think it's better if he tells you Dad, I don't want to say unless he wants me to."

My father nodded, pursing his lips. "I understand."

"Maybe you could try-"

"Oh hold on," my father mumbled, pulling his vibrating phone out of his pocket, glaring at the number, rolling his eyes. "Hello?

I raised my brows at my father as he pulled the phone away from his ear, cancelling the call. "Stupid cold callers. They've been calling me non stop; not saying a word."

"That's weird. Block them," I stated, my eyes widening.

My Dad shrugged, shaking his head. "I have. They keep calling me from different numbers. All I hear is breathing."