Chapter 10 | Don't Tease Me

"Who was that?" asked Dylan, his dark eyebrows furrowed.

I shook my head, looking down at my phone with confusion. "I don't know. They didn't say anything."

"Really?"

"My Dad was telling me about these calls. They won't leave him. He said they're just cold callers."

"Are they trying to sell you anything?" questioned Dylan.

I shook my head. "No, they don't say anything. They just...breathe."

"Block them," ordered Dylan, gesturing to my phone.

"I just did," I replied, tucking my phone back into my pocket. "Well, anyway, I should probably go. It's getting late."

"Didn't you just get here?" chuckled Dylan, crossing his arms over his chest.

"Yeah," I said, running my hands through my dark hair. "But like I said, Alpha Paul will probably be on his way down here thanks to Jen, and I don't particularly feel like getting my head ripped off today."

"He'll be asleep. He's leaving early. Jen won't bother him."

"Yeah, sure," I said sarcastically, rolling my eyes.

"Did you just roll your eyes at me?" smirked Dylan, causing me to smile. "Well, that's not the kind of treatment an Alpha appreciates."

I laughed, folding my arms over my chest as my mate stalked closer to me, his lips turned upwards slightly as he ogled me, causing me to squirm in place. I took a few steps backwards, resulting in Dylan's raising his eyebrows, shaking his head at me.

I gasped as my back hit the cold cabin wall, my cocky smile quickly disappearing as I gazed up at Dylan in front of me, his body inches from mine. My body became flushed and I fiddled with my fingers nervously as Dylan chewed his bottom lip, studying me with piercing ocean blue eyes.

He inched his face closer to mine, brushing a strand of my hair away from my face, his large soft hands gently brushing my pale skin.

"You're right, it's getting late," spoke Dylan, stepping back, his breath fanning across my face, sending shivers down my spine; tingles erupting throughout my body.

I furrowed my brows at Dylan, not enjoying the fact that he had teased me. He knew what he did to me. It was blatantly obvious that I became flustered when he came close, but my wolf was begging me to grab him, pull him to us and kiss him. However, I pushed the thought away, quieting her.

"Yeah, you're right. I should go," I said confidently, clearing my throat and stepping sideways so I was no longer standing in front of Dylan.

He studied me, his eyes widening for a split second before he composed himself, clearly shocked that I had reacted to his teasing.

Dylan chuckled to himself, shaking his head, opening his mouth to say something, but he stopped, sniffing the air, rolling his eyes.

I turned at the sound of a fist aggressively banging against the wooden cabin door, nervously chewing on my bottom lip, knowing exactly who it was. Dylan flung the door open, revealing a frustrated looking Paul, dressed in his old dressing gown.

"Did I not make myself clear enough?" boomed Alpha Paul, shaking his head at me, gesturing for me to follow him outside, which I did.

"I'm sorry Alpha Paul. I didn't mean to go against your orders, but-"

"There are no excuses. What is your name?" asked Alpha Paul, his Alpha tone creeping into his voice as he spoke, making my wolf cower.

"Clara Mason," I mumbled, turning to look at my mate quickly, who was scowling at my Alpha, his ocean blue eyes morphing into a stormy grey colour.