Chapter 51 | Epilogue

3 years later

"Sophia, slow down please! Don't hurt yourself!" I laughed at my daughter, watching as Ethan chased her around the clearing, grabbing her quickly and setting her on top of his shoulders.

"Got you!" he exclaimed, causing Sophia to giggle uncontrollably, wiping her bouncy curls away from her red face.

I turned to see an exhausted Dylan making his way over to me, running his hands through his now longer black hair, his chin even more stubbly than usual from days of not shaving. "Right, Sonny is finally down for his nap. Gia is watching over him for a little while."

I sighed in relief, nodding. "Thank God."

"Who's idea was it to have another baby this soon after Sophia?" teased my mate, wrapping his arm around my shoulder, pressing a soft kiss to the side of my face.

"He's adorable, though. He looks just like you. Plus, my Dad is obsessed with them!"

"I'm not adorable," growled Dylan playfully, rolling his eyes, focusing his gaze on Ethan and Dean who were chasing our daughter around at the front of our home, Jared and Matthew chuckling from the sideline, guarding Sophia's sacred teddy bear whilst she played.

"You kind of are," I giggled.

Suddenly, one of our fighters jogged over, barely out of breath, but his face a little uneasy. "Alpha, Luna, there is someone at our borders wanting to speak to you. We haven't allowed her entry yet, but she says she's not going anywhere until she gets to see you both."

Dylan nodded immediately, his thick brows furrowing together as he stood up, taking my hand in his, nodding over at Dean and Ethan who returned it quickly.

Making my way over to my daughter, I grabbed her hand, bringing it to my lips and kissing it softly. "Sophia, stay here with the boys for a bit, Mommy and Daddy are just going to head off for a bit to check something out, but we will be right back and we can continue playing!"

"Okay," she replied, smiling up at me, blowing Dylan and I a quick kiss before turning back to Ethan, giggling as she poked him in the cheek.

Dylan and I followed our fighter across the clearing, easily keeping up with him as we jogged across the grass, quickly entering the forest, stripping off and shifting into our wolves, carrying our clothes with us as we moved.

Our paws padded against the soil, leaving large indents in the thick mud, the only sound being our laboured pants as we pushed ourselves through the trees, eventually reaching a few more fighters, standing tall with stern faces.

"Alpha, there is a girl here who wishes to speak to you both," one of the fighters spoke, nodding their head respectfully at Dylan and I.

We shifted, quickly pulling on our clothes, noticing how the fighters averted their eyes away from me, wanting to show respect.

"Show yourself," I spoke, holding my head up high, wanting to come across as intimidating as possible.

The bushes rustled, and as they parted, out stepped a young girl I hadn't seen for many years, her face as cold as stone.

"Amelia?" I questioned, my eyes widening, causing Dylan to growl.

"Amelia, you are a rogue. You are not welcomed back here," snarled Dylan, taking a step forwards, pushing his chest out.

Amelia nodded, her chapped lips wobbling as she looked between Dylan and I, pushing her messed up hair out of her face. "I know, I'm sorry."

"It's been three whole years. What are you doing back here?" I asked, still feeling furious that she had left years ago without a 'goodbye' to my brother, leaving him to suffer alone without her.