Chapter 35 | Lone Wolf

I gazed up at Dean's chiselled face with furrowed brows, slowly shaking my head.

"What?" I wheezed out, hissing at the pain in my ribs, causing Dean to look down at me worryingly, quickening his pace.

"Try not to move," he grunted, tightening his grip on me as he started to jog through the forest, eventually reaching the treeline of Dylan's territory, causing me to sigh in relief, knowing I could sleep and allow my broken ribs to heal overnight.

As we approached Dylan's house, I silently prayed that he wouldn't be home yet, so he wouldn't have to see me in such a state.

Dean pushed the door open with the force of his back, and I looked down to see no sign of Dylan's shoes, hoping that he was running late.

"Hello?" called Dean loudly, and raising his eyebrows at me when he got no reply.

Dean sauntered into the kitchen, plopping me down gently on the kitchen counter, and rummaging through the cabinets until he came across a first aid box.

"Let me do it," I coughed as I attempted to reach across the counter, noticing my sudden movement had caused my gash to pulsate; more blood trickling down my neck and soaking Dean's shirt.

Dean rolled his eyes, propping me back up gently as he soaked up the blood best he could using a antiseptic wipe, causing me to hiss.

"Don't be a baby," he muttered as he held down the wipe harshly on the wound in an attempt to stop the bleeding.

"Can you please not tell Dylan about this? I don't need him worrying about me, and he says that it's dangerous to go in the forest alone."

Dean's dark grey eyes flashed to mine slightly as he chewed on him bottom lip, humming in agreement. "It is dangerous. You could have been killed."

"Seriously Dean, please don't tell him. I just wasn't paying attention to where I was. I don't want him babying me," I pleaded quietly, crossing my arms in annoyance that a rogue happened to show up just when I was out on a run.

Dean shrugged, shaking his head. "I won't have to, he'll just know."

I growled in pain as Dean released the pressure on the wound, studying it carefully before applying a large band aid to it, smoothing out the edges of it quickly.

"I thought you and Dylan hated each other," I muttered as I leaned back against the cabinets, watching Dean as he carefully washed his hands, scrubbing in between his fingers in an attempt to wash off all of my blood.

"We do," he replied, drying his hands and leaning up against the counter opposite me.

I furrowed my brows, shaking my head. "Well then why did he ask you to look after me? Why didn't he just ask one of the warriors?"

"Because he knows I'm deadlier," chuckled Dean, crossing his huge arms over his tanned muscular chest, a smirk playing at the corner of his lips.

I glared at him, sighing as I ran my hands through my long brunette hair. "Surely he doesn't trust you around women after seeing what you are like with people's mates?" I said bitterly, my voice laced with irritation.

"Maybe not, but he trusts you," Dean replied, shrugging his shoulders.

I shook my head, fiddling with my fingers in order to keep calm, attempting to distract myself. "You shouldn't have kissed Amelia; she's my brother's mate.

Dean looked at me awkwardly, his tongue exploring his mouth as he ran it along the front of his teeth, shaking his head. "I didn't know she was his mate, alright?"