Chapter 39 | Is This What Death Feels Like?

TW- Scenes of SA

I glared up at my Alpha, clutching at my chest in frustration as I tried my hardest to fight his order to not shift, my wolf howling within me, clawing to get out.

Dean growled from behind me, kicking at one of the fighters that was holding him down, sending them flying across the clearing, landing in a mud pile with a loud thud, their limbs cracking, twisting in different directions.

"Shift back and I won't kill her right now!" ordered Alpha Paul, grabbing me and pulling me to him, his hand wrapping around my throat, squeezing a little too tightly, causing me to splutter, my eyes watering.

"You're not his Alpha!" I growled up at my Alpha, causing him to bare his teeth at me, yanking on my hair painfully.

"You really are a disrespectful little brat, Clara," he hissed. I could hear Dean's menacing growls and grunts from behind me, attempting to fight off the fighters that were leaping on him, pinning him to the ground.

I spun around, my heart rate quickening at the sight of Dylan's fighters barrelling towards us in wolf form, their heavy paws thudding against the ground, the sound echoing throughout the clearing.

"Distract them all!" yelled Alpha Paul, dragging me across the grass, growling at me as I kicked and screamed, repeatedly hitting his back as he hoisted me up and threw me over his shoulder.

"If you touch her, I will kill you!" roared Dean, his limp and blood covered human form catching my eye as the warriors pinned him down. "I shifted back, now don't fucking touch her!"

He disappeared out of my view as the trees and shrubs clouded my vision, the final picture being Dylan's warriors being ambushed as they attempted to reach me.

Their wolves had been blocked, the few that did make it through being easily ripped apart by Alpha Paul using one hand, the other grasping onto me, ensuring I couldn't escape.

"Let me go!" I screamed, hearing a final desperate scream from Dean before they were camouflaged with the sound of running water.

I noticed Alpha Paul had sprinted far enough through the forest that we had reached a large waterfall, the sound of rushing water making it hard to even make out my own yells.

"Perfect, nobody will be able to hear your screams with that racket," mumbled Alpha Paul, pushing past a large oak tree, revealing a small battered looking cabin, the front door hanging on by just one single bolt.

Pushing through the door, Paul threw me onto the ground with a grunt, standing above me with a smirk plastered on his face, his naked body causing me to squirm beneath him. I locked my eyes with him, his face dripping with the blood of some of Dylan's fighters.

"Don't kill Dean," I gasped, clutching at my broken ribs in pain, hissing to myself as I scrambled away from his across the floorboards, my back eventually hitting the cold wooden wall.

Alpha Paul chuckled, shaking his head at me, crouching down. "You have no idea how much seeing you this frightened pleases me."

"What the hell are you doing?" I spat, whimpering as he came closer, reaching out, tucking a strand of my chocolate brown hair behind my ear, his head cocked slightly.

"I already told you Clara, an eye for an eye."

I shook my head, my eyes wide with fear. "I don't know what you're talking about."

Paul raised his eyebrows at me, chuckling to himself. "So, Dylan never mentioned how much of a mess his family and pack are? He never mentioned anything about his psychotic father?"