chapter 11

❝ if you want the rainbow, you gotta put up with the rain

if you want the rainbow, you gotta put up with the rain. ❞

Chapter 11 - Nostalgia Is All About Trauma

Sunday, Morning - Day

America

       I woke up long before the sun rose. The sky twinkled at the promise of the sun and birds chirped quietly.  Moonlight still shone through my window, almost reminiscent of that night. Stream rose from my coffee and mingled with the moonlight. Light navy hues raced upwards across the sky leaving glimpses of pink and purple. A camera could never capture the slight hues, always instead showing a bleak orange, no less pretty of course.

      I wished for a glimmer of hope from the light, yet it stood still, flat and dull lacking empathy or meaning. Staring at my reflection in the coffee I hoped that this would go away, that my eyes would be 'better,' and not look like this anymore. They were dull like the moon, and now were a grey hue with clouds of purple. They'd be beautiful if it weren't for the current circumstances.

      It had only been last night, just a brief conversation no less, but it looped in my mind. I walked down the stairs, careful not to make much noise. There was no need to be sneaky, but it felt wrong to be loud and obnoxious. Quietly I wandered into the kitchen and grabbed a cup of water. If not because I thirsty, holding something helped calm my nerves just a bit. Bracing a took a deep breath and spoke. "H-hey, Mom?" She looked back at me, a slight twinge of worry surfacing in her face. "Oui?" "I... I uh, w-well..." I could feel tears form in the corners of my eyes. Making her way towards me she gave me a gentle hug. "Shh, don't worry, what is it?" "Well..." I looked her in the eyes.

      "...my eyes, I'm sure you can see." Smiling I paused then continued. "That's not all... I don't think so at least." Tears finally broke through, silver droplets spattered the dark marble counter. "I called Canada by his old name, 'Kanata,' heh." Trying to reassure her I quickly followed that up. "I-I might just be in a nostalgic mood, i-it's fine." I got up and asked to excuse myself, something I never did, but I guess I was just being nostalgic. She looked at me with a sorrow look in her eyes but let me go. "I'll talk to your dad for you." I nodded. "Thanks."

      And that's how the night transpired. Anxiety still ate away at me, especially about how UK would react. He wasn't unpleasant, but not particularly pleasant either. You couldn't always tell what he was thinking. It was weird to wake up so early, but I guess that's what anxiety does to you. Messes with your head, makes you act weird and scramble your thoughts. Or maybe it was a UK thing. He made me wake up early and help him do work when I was younger. I was his little assistant, something to leech money out of.

Looking down I saw my hand was shaking. Taking a final sip of coffee I placed my cup in the sink and headed back into my room. Sun now crept through the curtains, illuminating my room giving light to dust flying gracefully around my room. (569, haha nice 👌) What to do... no one's up at 7 am on a Sunday morning, guess that's my fault though. Grabbing a Rubik cube I quickly scrambled it and began to solve. It wasn't a special talent, just something I learnt to also help with my ADHD. I took medication of course, but it was difficult to completely focus and I often still needed my hands to do something if I was sitting still not writing or anything. I leaned against the wall and continued to fidget hoping it would help me pass the time. (666 😳)

Russia

Sun crept in through the blinds illuminating the room with a warm golden glow. Standing up I  made my way towards the bathroom... only to smack my forehead straight against the door frame. I stood there in confusion before suddenly realizing why. Rushing to the bathroom I checked my reflection, only to be hit with dread. I thought it has gone away, but it appeared to have grown worse overnight and now I completely looked like my father. The only difference was that my face expressed much more concern than USSR would have ever, which in fact made for an even more perplexing scene. (Imagine ussr bein shook 🙄 jfsnifnf)

Staring at my reflection I wondered what to do. Should I just say nothing? They'll notice, and I don't know if they'll believe that I 'just woke up like this.' Can I try to convince them? Maybe?? I should tell someone though... but who? Immediately a smacked my own face and sighed in realization. Of course, I can tell America. If that doesn't go well maybe I can tell Kaz. Quietly making my way over to my room I made sure no one would see me like this. As I reached my door I heard another room creak open and I immediately rushed in, smacking my head again on the door frame. I quietly closed the door and hoped that whoever it was hadn't noticed me.

"Russia?" My face went hot and I sat against the door pondering what to do. Recognizing the voice was even worse, as it was Ukraine, the most moody and yet intelligent of us besides me. Maybe if I just sit here and say nothing she'll go back to bed. "Russia! You dick, turn off he lights after using the bathroom! Geeze." Breathing a sigh of relief I sat there a moment before planning how to sneak around next, after telling America first.

Slav: hey ame

AmeIsHawt: o ur callin me ame now??? :owo:???? also gm :D

Slav: shut up, anywayds, did your curse get wrose recently?

AmeIsHawt: oh um. yeah

AmeIsHawt: y r u asking tho??

Slav: mine got worse too, im stuck looking like this [click to view attachment]

AmeIsHawt: nothin happen this mornin???

Slav: nope, went to bed like this and woke up still weird

Slav: it wasnt even that bad yet last night so yeah

AmeIsHawt: yikes 👀

Slav: yeah im gonna see if i can sneak downstairs an get food w/out anyone noticing, ill get back in a sec or so

AmeIsHawt: alr!!! try not 2 take 2 long :)

Let's see if I can even get breakfast now.

ʚ ɞ

woops accidentally became another Ame centered chapter ;w;

uhmhmmhmhmh yeah not much to say

also I might, JUST MIGHT, be working on two more stories, though which one I'll release first I'm not sure. I'm trying to write some chapters ahead of time before releasing so I don't have to worry about writing for a bit, but we'll see!!! isk I prolly shouldn't keep staring stories i dont have the time 4 :')

(spoilers: one will be pretty edgy love hate rusame story, and the other is a reader x countryhumans one :D)

WOOPS FORGOT TO CENTER THE DIVIDER ISOIOSJOSJ

woop Jan 13, 2021 baby