chapter 3

Chapter 3 - No, I Will Not Be Your Discord Kitten

Thursday: Afternoon

America

The minute I got home, I raced to my room and flopped on my bed. By my own executive judgement, I decided that I would, in fact, not need to talk to my family, or even bother with greetings.

There wasn't any homework, so I decided I might as well scroll through Twitter.

As I scanned my feed, a new notification from Instagram popped up at the top of my screen. It seemed that I had a new follower—Russia. I opened up my Instagram inbox (which I hadn't touched in years) and sent him a DM.

 I opened up my Instagram inbox (which I hadn't touched in years) and sent him a DM

He went offline, making it impossible to contact him now, dammit. I sighed and threw my phone onto my pillow. I decided I would head out into the woods, it had been a while anyway. I took off my glasses and put on a camo fluffy coat before heading outside. I left a note on the counter in case dad came home before I was back.

      I slid out the back door in the kitchen and made my way to the cabin. The cabin was a small house that was further in the woods that was abandoned, but surprisingly clean. It was a nice place to hang out and get my mind off of things, and just relax. The leaves crunched under my feet as I followed the path there, past the old tire, on the fallen tree bridge, around the great oak, and... there. I headed inside to find the same old things, a bearskin rug-which I found out was real, a couch, a small kitchen, and a couple of rooms. I made my way to the 'off-limits' room, a room at the end of the hall with a large 'X' scratched into the door. Inside everything was wrecked and thrown about, but there was always a new refill in the backpack there, a vodka, a set of bandages, and some kind of food. I grabbed the door handle when I heard a large thud from the room. I leaned my head against it, listening for what was inside. Was it a bear? A monster? The possibilities were endless.

Russia

      I cursed and punched the wall. Giving up I slammed my back against the wall and groaned. Looking at my hands I could see my knuckles were bleeding a dark purple, and I could feel the red cracks continue to race up my face. Light hues of hold and yellow light illuminated the fresh blood. There was a small knock on the door and a voice come out from behind it. "Hey, who's there?" Quietly I began to panic. Who found this pace? What are they doing here? I began to speak, yet it wasn't my voice, it was my father's. "...USSR. What do you want?" They audibly gasped from behind the door before regaining their composure. "...so you're not dead." I took a deep breath. "Sure, I'm not getting much younger at least. If you are near the door I recommend you move, I'm leaving this room." They quickly shuffled away before I slammed the door open.

      Looking beyond the doorframe I was greeted with a familiar face, someone I had seen just recently. USA. He looked almost identical to his did earlier except now had a camouflage jacket wrapped around his waist, and didn't have sunglasses on. The sudden burst of the door must've caught him off guard as he seemed to stumbled backwards and fall on the ground. "Jesus fucking Christ." I rolled my eyes and held a hand out. He stared at me, unsure of how to respond. "Do you want to stand up or no?" He grabbed my hand lightly, his arm shaking so much that even I could feel it. His gaze lingered on my newly golden eye. "It really is you... your golden eye and everything." I barked out a laugh. "I think the hammer and sickle are a much more defining feature than my eye, idiot." I ruffled his hair a bit before heading to the sink to wash off my hands.

      I paused for a second, realizing I had gotten blood on his hair but continued anyway. I could deal with him later. "What's with your blood?" he asked while peering over my shoulder. I thought for a bit before responding, unsure if I should keep the act up. "Result of being dead eh?" Shaking my hands off I grabbed a towel, soaking it then heading over to him. He flinched and closed his eyes tight before realizing what I was doing. I ruffled his hair with the towel, making sure to get all the spots of blood out. Normally I wasn't this tall compared to him but in this 'form' I towered above anyone. Any room was stuffy to me, no, stuffy to my father. Sometimes I could understand how he felt, knowing the small frustrations of feeling constantly cramped, and why he chose to get a big house. I let my face relax, though knowing my father my face would always look cold or pissed, and I had no intentions of having USA run off. His hair was oddly fluffy, and I enjoyed drying it out. He must have felt the same, as he didn't budge while I cleaned it out.

      "My god your hair is dirty—even without my blood in it." I gave him one last pat before tossing the towel in a bin. I set up the samovar to make some tea.

"Do you want a drink?" He spaced out before returning to reality and responding, saying, "S-sure." I put a cup at the other spot before grabbing a cup for myself and taking the seat closer to the samovar. "Heh, you good?" He chuckled. "As fine as you can be for finding out your 'greatest enemy' is alive, who happens to be terrifying as fuck." I smirked. "I'm flattered you find me intimidating." Bringing the samovar over I poured some tea for both of us. "The tap there is what you use to get more water, in case it is too strong."

I didn't grab any water and drank as is. He tried to take a sip, then immediately slammed his cup back on the table and coughed loudly.

"You didn't tell me it was so hot!" "I just boiled it, what were you expecting?" "Yeah, but you drank it down so quick!" "It's called 'being used to it' urod." I sheepishly grinned at America while sipping my tea, watching as he grew frustrated waiting for it to cool down.

I could feel the curse beginning to lose its effect and decided this is where I would leave it. Finishing up my tea I went and dealt with the samovar. "Where are you going?" "I forgot the time, I need to go do something, до свидания(goodbye)." I went to the room I had destroyed and collected my things. "Wait! Before you go..." I spun around. "Da?" "...please don't mess with anything." I smiled. "I'll lay low comrade, just don't tell anyone." He nodded. "Of course." I slipped out the window with my backpack and waved him goodbye. I headed back into the woods, following my route home. The red flaked off and I lost my height, reverting to my true form, me, Russia.

I shook my head and sighed. Why did I lie...that was a horrible idea.

ʚ ɞ

WEEEEEEE DONE
OMG I DIDNT GET WRITER'S BLOCK RN <3333

:D

HAHAHA YES!!! SHORT FOR AME BUT RUSSIA BOY (man i simp for cough) GET LONG!!!!
OK I'm gonna take a nap bc yes

Dec. 4, 2020

Began updates May 14, 2022