chapter 15

❝ my battery is low and its getting dark, but i know you will be back one day, my battery will be charged, and apple trees will blossom

my battery is low and its getting dark, but i know you will be back one day, my battery will be charged, and apple trees will blossom. ❞

Chapter 15 - Someone Is Always Up to Something

Monday: Noon

Russia

I sat in the driver's seat in silence. America had let me stay in his car, and even left with keys with me in case I needed to leave, but we hadn't prepared for much else beyond that. What the fuck can I do? I can't go into school looking like this! I can't go anywhere in fact... fuck.

Setting my backpack aside I stared at my reflection in the overhead mirror. A golden glow still came from my right eye, and my skin was the same strong red. It had been a whole day, why didn't it go away? As I sat there pondering a quiet knock on the window brought me out of my thoughts. My face grew hot and I began to panic about what to do. Quietly I prayed that it was a sibling or maybe Mexico.

(✨it's magically 3rd person from this point because I hate myself✨)

The figure was somewhat shorter than average, and had blue-cobalt skin. He had a crimson stripe across his face outlined by two smaller white stripes, and he wore white circular eyepatch with a red star plastered in the middle.

Russia almost pissed himself when he realised who it was. If god had planned this, Russia was going to have a word with him.

Russia put on his best poker face and rolled down the window. He looked to the figure and put on his best I-don't-care-I'm-the-USSR-face, which, frankly, wasn't that difficult when he was a spitting image of him.

North Korea's oddly enthusiastic smile sent shivers down his spine. "Hello sir."

Russia breathed a silent sigh of relief knowing that he wouldn't have to mask his voice, but trying to mimic his late father's mannerisms was a completely different beast. He decided that stern and curt would be the best choice for now.

"Hello, North Korea."

North Korea's face seemed to light up, almost as if Russia speaking had really reaffirmed that it was, in fact, the USSR. Russia briefly considered becoming an actor in the time it took for North Korea to regain his composure. North seemed to let out a sigh himself, and tried to down a more neutral expression.

"It's been quite a while, sir. How have you been?"

Russia took a moment to process the information. He hadn't spent much time with his father during meetings with North when he was still alive, and in the time he had he'd never realised how... subservient North Korea had been around his dad. Russia himself had meetings with him before, but noticing this selective behavior around his father left a sickly feeling in his stomach. He knew =how he and his siblings had been taught to be obedient as well.