chapter 1

Chapter 1 - School is a Government Conspiracy and I Refuse to Participate

Thursday: Morning

America

The jarring cries of an alarm was the first thing America heard when he woke up.

He sat up in bed, and tried to reorient himself while also trying to mitigate the heart attack he just had. See, he had forgotten about his alarm, and certainly forgot about school starting.

The dread slowly started to sink in as he climbed out of bed. His necklace hung loosely around his neck, the metal comfortably warm from staying on the entire night before.

While passing through the halls, America peeked into New Zealand's room. Kiwi wouldn't have to wake up for another 30 minutes, but it was always good to check if they were. Their dark navy blue skin appeared as a light turquoise in his America's eyes. He simply carried on as usual; afterall, his curse had simply become routine.

Something in him hoped that one day, it wouldn't be.

He slowly trudged down the stairs, letting his shoulders slump and his arms go limp, hitting the wall and railing several times on their way down.

As America took a seat at the table, France set down a plate of food before him, before rushing off to do something else. She greeted him while on her way back to the kitchen. Canada was already up, and scarfing down his food while pouring copious amounts of syrup on it. He didn't have enough time to talk to America between bites.

"Good morning mon ami!"

America yawned. "Mornin' mom."

He blankly stared at the food on his plate. It was hard to feel hungry when he had only gotten up a few moments prior, and hadn't even properly woken up yet. He barely had the motivation to get out of his chair to grab a cup of coffee.

"Got anythin' exciting planned Nada?"

Canada shoved another bite of food in his mouth before swallowing to speak.

"Not really, you?"

"Nah."

Canada continued to savage his food, barely looking up from his plate. Somehow, the stack of pancakes on his plate never seemed to end. America couldn't find the same energy as his brother, and continued at his slow pace of taking a bite of food, then sipping his coffee.

Australia soon made his way down, quickly grabbing his plate of food before sitting at the table. He balanced a phone in one hand and a fork full of food in the other. New Zealand quickly followed behind, and took his time eating breakfast.