*Tense*

You were reading a book of botany, with some nut job in the background acted like a leader of a country.

"Yes, tea! That's my trade! Quincy Endicott's health tea." The man declared, resting his legs on his mashed potatoes, making you a bit uneasy.

"Your tea sounds good!" Said Greg.

"Ugh. Never touch the stuff myself." He shuttered,

"Bleh. Me either." Greg murmured, trying to blend into the vast, and elaborate mansion.

"Haha, yes it's all for the money! Yes, the money takes my mind off my troubles...the deep soul-crushing loneliness... yes, the more money I make, the bigger the mansion gets, the more lost I feel... " he rambled, snorting like a pig. He didn't seem mentally okay. Sobbing into his hands was a pretty big clue.

"Why, this damned house is so big, I sometimes don't even know where or who I am!" He exclaimed, slamming his feet onto his plate, shattering it.

"Yeah, well, I'm glad your nephews here were able to pay a visit." Birdy gestured to Wirt and Greg, conveniently leaving you out, so it didn't seem like siblings were dating. Thank god.

"Ye- yeah!" Greg cheered.

"Yes, what a... what a pleasure it is to have company... a perfect pleasure! A perfect pleasure, lads! A per... yes, yes. Yeah, yeah!" He got onto the table, bringing Greg with him.

"Perfect pleasure, Heather!" Greg sang, while the crazy Quincy rambled and danced.

"Uh Beatrice, why are we pretending to be this guy's nephew?" Wirt questioned.

"we need money" you responded, placing a hand onto Wirt's. Birdy nodded.

"You're scamming him!?"

"I was thinking more like flat-out stealing from him." She said.

"What? No way!" Wirt wisper-shouted.

"Why not? We already stole a horse!" She pointed at Fred the horse.
"Hey guys."

"No, we didn't. Fred's a talking horse, he can do whatever he wants." Wirt said.

"Honey, only if it helps you sleep at night" you joined in.

***

That's it... sorry it's so short, shit's been stressful.