*hard times at the Huskin' bee*

This chapter title Is named after an episode instead of a song. I think I might start putting questions at the bottom of the chapter...I think it might be fun...also just a warning! I'm going to start editing this soon so things might change!!

***

The quartet was lead to one of the vast fields, filled with many different crops.

They did many chores, such as gathering weat, and harvesting pumpkins. Something you found hilarious though, was that one of the turkeys stole wirts hat. You couldn't help but laugh.

The young pumpkin girl from earlier watched you all from a distance. Unfortunately, her unchanging cheery smile made it difficult to tell what she was thinking. It got on your nerves.

You were helping wirt pick Corn. He tried to eat some. You gently put you hand on his shoulder to stop him. They shouldn't get into more trouble than they already were in.

A pumpkin fellow almost caught him, wirt dropped the head of corn in surprise. His cheeks red tinted.

"Ah- umm Y/N! Hello?" He blurted.

You stayed silent, something had caught your eye. It wasn't the dozens of pumpkin head poking out of the corn stalks, no. It was a corn snake.

It was a lovely yellow-white with orange blobs, red circling the outer edges of said spots.

You crouched down to say 'hi' to the fellow.

Wirt began the next task, digging a hole.

You let the lad slither onto your hand.

"Friendly lil' lad." You whispered to yourself.

"Wirt!" You said a bit louder. He turned to you, his soft face catching the sunlight.

"Help me catch a mouse for this guy." You gestured to the noodle with scales.

"AH! Y/N!! it could be poisonous! Drop it!!" He exclaimed, quite worried.

"Its just a corn snake. They're harmless. And...I think you mean venomous?" You murmured.

Wirt was about to say something else, but was interrupted by birdy.

"Why are we digging these damned holes anyway?" She complained.

"To plant seeds or something." Wirt responded.

"What? No. You shouldn't plant seeds that deep." You gestured to the waist deep hole you were standing next to.

"Well how do you know?" Wirt shot back.

"I- I dont know..." you looked down at your snake pal. You furrowed your eyebrows "Were did you get your dumb hat!" You responded, pissed.

Greg interrupted your spat. "Hey look!! Buried treasure!" He shouted.

There was a human skeleton laying there. Bits of the leftover mystery rot that the bugs didn't eat still clung to them.

You and wirt made eye contact, his kind hazel eyes glistening with horror and future tears.

"Birdy dearest please help us escape." You begged, unsure if you were kidding or dead serious

"We're digging our own..." wirt gasped. "I-I-I was wrong, I was wrong all along, I-I don't know how to get us home..." he panicked.

You had no clue what he was talking about. You must've missed a previous conversation.

"Birdy dearest, please help us escape." You asked in you're usual monotone voice.

"Yeah! Use your little feet to pick our locks!" Wirt exclaimed.

"Oho! Now you want my help?" Birdy ever the snark, said.

"I don't want your help-" Wirt muttered.

A trumpet blared in the distance. Perhaps marking a beginning or an end.

"Yes! I want your help! Beatrice,  serio-"

"Your time is up!" The old guy said.

Enoch and his villagers crowded around you all. They practically teleported.

Wirt shouted in surprise. Your stomach dropped.

"Have the holes been dug?" The old guy asked.

"Uh...yeah." wirt said.

"Splendid! Well then-" Boomer pumpkin was interrupted.

"But, no." Wirt lied.

"No?"

"Uh..."

"Psst! keep stalling! Beatrice said, using a shovel to break through her chains.

"Yeah, uh, you know, we were digging, and there were too many rocks. You guys don't like rocks, right?" Wirt asked. Beatrice had just finished breaking through your's and wirt's chains.

The pumpkins glanced at each other. "No, we don't like rocks." The old guy concluded.

Beatrice flew into Greg's hole.

"See? So we were like, "we should get rid of these rocks." Wirt lied.

"Well that's a good idea." The guy who trampled you earlier said.

"Right? Yeah. So, we were getting rid of the rocks and...huh?"

Birdy and Greg bolted. You stayed. You wanted to see how far deep in shit Wirt got himself into.

"They left." You gestured to the running pair.

"What, they left us..." Wirt whispered.

"So what happened to the rocks?"

"Uh, the rocks. Yeah, they...they were, um, you know..." Wirt stuttered. you heard crackling of brittle things hitting against each other.

You turned. To your horror, a skeleton crawled out of it's grave. The ghastly thing danced and clanged two bones against its skull.

The pumpkins walked over to him, saying things that you'd usually say to a long lost friend.

"What in the..." Wirt trailed off.

The skeleton popped a pumpkin into his head. He put on a second pumpkin as a torso. The others cheered 'Larry' on.

A second skeleton crawled out. This time coming from Wirt's hole. He creeped like a stick bug.

The villagers handed him a pumpkin head and torso.

"They're all skeletons." Wirt marveled.

"That's definitely a plot twist." You responded.

"Thanks for digging up the life of the party." A pumpkin fellow said.

"What a wonderful harvest." Enoch said cheerfully, admiring his dancing pumpkins. "And what about you boys?" He asked in his deep scary voice. "You sure you wanna leave?"

Wirt glanced at you. "Us? Yes!"

"Oh, well." He said with a chuckle. "You'll join us someday."

You blinked in surprise. Could this be an afterlife of some sort?

"Uh..."

"Psst! Why are you still here?!" Birdy said.

"What do you mean?! You guys left us!"

Birdy gestured to her ankle. Wirt glanced at yours and his empty ankles.

"Oh" you took Wirt's hand and lifted him up.

"Come on!" Beatrice whisper-shouted.

You ran, still gripping Wirts hand. It felt nice.

***

Hi! This probably sucked. I hope it wasn't too bad!