*the lil pumpkin darling*

All of the other chapters are named after songs in the show except for this one lmao. I'm going to introduce an oc. Above is a picture I drew of her. Also I'm from Utah and I have clinical adhd and it shows (I think)

***

The odd trio (not including birdy and the frog) followed a dirt path leading to a quaint, peaceful, and normal town.

It looked like a painting you would find in some old-timey, family ownen, southern restaurant.

Or something from a dusty Thanksgiving themed postcard you found in a drawer while looks for the damned forks during a family reunion. Also old-timey and southern.

"Hello? Hello? Hmm...Y/N see anybody?" Wirt asked.

"Uh...no" you looked around at the deserted town. You decided to be sarcastic and said: "I see you." You were proud of yourself for coming up with that one.

Greg giggled. Wirt glanced at you with a tired yet some-what flustered expression.

"Yeah, I see you too, Y/N."
He replied. An odd bubbly feeling rushed through you.

"Hey, not to be obnoxious, but an abandoned ghost town don't seem like its gonna be that helpful useful getting you idiots home."

Wirt cleared his throat. You had the urge to hold birdy for no goddamn reason other than to hold the small soft thing.

"There's gotta be somebody somewhere..." wirt muttered.

You cuped the birdy in your hands from off of Greg's hat, ignoring her shouts of protest. You poked her beak and blew a small raspberry, sticking the tip of your tongue out, eyes practically glittering.

Wirt made eye contact with you. He turned away but his expression was like he just saw a baby F/A (favorite animal) yawn.

Birdy dearest flew out of your hands and landed back onto short stuff's teapot.

Wirt wandered over to a random, completely normal house and knocked.

"Scuse me?" He said. "Anyone here?" He noticed the limp, very normal, human sized turkey. Wirt open the door more to get a better look.

"Hello?" Almost expecting it to talk. The turkey slorped its wrinkled head up. "Oh. Sorry. Uh, I'm looking for a phone...um, I'm sorry."

He slammed the door, turned around and nearly walked into your face.

He made a choked "hhhhuh" sound, turned bright pink and hurried away.

You followed. He was weird.

"Did you find anything?" Beatrice asked.

"No. Where's greg?" The boy in question popped out of a pile of hay. You know, like a normal person.

"Do you hear that?" Greg pointed to a barn.

"Let spirits meet" haunting, but beautiful voices sung.

"Around the barn of Pottsfeild town" the music got louder as the "gang" approached.

You all peaked through the semi-opened barn doors.

"Oh, Heidi pours your golden mead" they continued: "you're in the maypole dance"

the things where the music came from were hundreds of well decorated pumpkin and straw people. Almost like scare crows. Dancing around a tall thingy that was also made of straw.