*one is a bird*

I am not good at updating. I'm soo sorry lmao.

***

"Oh! It's you again. I'm stuck. Help me outta here and I'll owe you a favor." She struggled to escape the brambles.

"Woah! I get a wish?" Greg asked. You felt eyes burning into the side of your face. You looked over to see...Wirt.

He was watching you with a nervous expression. When he realized you had caught him staring he quickly turned away. Flustered. You raised an eyebrow. Before you could question what the actual hell was the weird pink shit on his face, shorty pulled on your arm.

"Did ya hear that Y/N? This bird is gonna turn me into a tiger!" He exclaimed happily.

"I can't turn you into a tiger! For gods sake I'm not magic!" Birdy cried.

"It doesn't have to be a magic tiger.." he murmered.

"Greg, Y/N stop talking to a bush."

"Ok!" Greg let birdy out of her bramble bush trap.

"Thanks. I owe you a favor. So, um, you three are lost kids with no purpose in life, right?"

"Yep." You responded without hesitation. Wirt gave you an odd look. It made you squirm to see the disapproval in his face. 'That's weird' you thought.'welp, good thing that that's a problem for future me.'

"Uh-huh!" Greg followed your lead. Poor kid probably thinks you're cool.

He'll find out eventually that you are the dumbest dumbass to ever dumbass. Well, when it comes to people. You knew so much about plants it was almost scary.

"How about I bring you to amAdelaide of the pasture, the good woman of the woods. She could help you get home." Birdy explained. Your poker face cracked a bit. 'Why the hell was there sparkle sound effects? What??' You sighed.

"No-no, no. No, no. No, no, no, no, no, no. " Wirt cried. His soft voice bringing you out of your thoughts.

"Magic talking birds leading us to fairy godmothers in the mysterious..." he glanced at you. You tilted your head.

Dear god this whole adventure bullshit Is going to be a trainwreck.

"I'm going to pottsfeild." He said, walking in the direction of the sign.

"Yeah! We're going to pottsfeild. Come on!"

"What about the favor?" Birdy started following the three of you.

"I'll think of my wish later." Birdy groaned at Greg's answer.

You let wirt lead the way to the town. You stayed rather close to him, you couldn't understand why though. Why did he pull you like a magnet? You'll figure that out later though. It's time for pumpkin-vill! Aka pottsfeild.

"So, let's small-talk. My name's Greg, what's yours?"

"Beatrice"

"My brother's name is wirt-"

"Who cares." Wirt gave birdy a dirty look while you made a noise that was a mix between a strangled cat and a snort. He glanced at you and quickly looked away.

"His name is Y/N," he pointed at you. You and Birdy had a mini 'who can hold a resting bitch face longest' contest.

"And my frog's name's wirt jr. But that may change."

"Ok! That's great. How about you, Y/N and I ditch your brother?"

"Mmm, maybe later. So, is it nice to be a bird?"

"Nope" birdy said obviously trying to end the conversation.

You tuned them out, now focused on walking, and the brunette with a gnome hat to the left of you. You couldn't tell what is was about him that made you feel weird.

Something pulled you out of your ever spiraling into insanity thoughts, the sound of greg screaming, and the grotesque squashing of a pumpkin. It sent uncomfortable shivers up your spine.

"Aha! Civilization! See? Now, huh? what the-" he stepped on a pumpkin the sound made you quiver again. Wirt sent you a questioning look, you just gave him your poker face.

He kicked the pumpkin off. "Alright. Let's rejoin society."

***
Hope you liked it!!