*into the unknown*

*EDITED*

Hi! The only reason I'm writing this is because I can't find wirt x male readers, so... be the change you want to see in the world i guess.

***

Dead, dried leaves crunched under your feet while you walked through a forest.

You paused.

You couldn't quite remember how you got there.

Wait...wasn't- wasn't it just mid summer? What the hell... you thought.

Fear stabbed it's way through your heart. You didn't know where you were.

You were lost. You were scared, but felt an odd peace wash over yourself.

You felt free but fearful knowing that what you did had no effect on who you once knew, whomever they were. You couldn't seem to remember.

You could make decisions without consequences.

You picked a direction and started walking. Hoping to come across people, or perhaps a town.

Minutes became hours.

Hours became days.

Days of walking tired you out. exhaustion soaked through your bones like freezing water.

You were loosing hope, loosing your will.

"Lead through the mist..."

A faint melody played through the wind. The sweet and vaguely melancholy sound was calming, although it made your stomach twist uncontrollably.

"By the milk light of moon..."

Maybe, you should follow it...the one who was singing it couldn't be too far, perhaps they'd help.

"All that was lost..."

You trudged toward it. Shivers went up your spine as if boney fingers were guiding you towards the sad singing.

"Is revealed..."

Stinging wind blew into your face, nipping at your nose and ears, and blurring your view.

"Our long bygone burdens..."

Your thoughts blurred aswell, you felt as if water was pooling in your head, muddling your thoughts. As if you were under a spell.

"Mere echoes of the spring..."

The voice was closer now.

"But were have we gone, and were shall we end..."

A new voice joined in, this one was much younger, and much softer aswell, but less sweet. A tad more bitter, like the freezing wind.

"If dreams can't come true,"

His voice was friendlier though. Kinder, but not sweet like belladonna.

"Then why not pretend...?"

The gravelly voice finished.

A child's voice broke through the eerie spell.

"Wirt that was waaay too sad! Sing something upbeat!"

The muddled feeling left you, quickly.

You were still in a forest, and still as lost as ever.

"Oh, um, well-" the one who sung started.

"hello?" You called out to the voices. It hurt to speak, like you haven't talked in years.

"Hello? i-is someone there?" A boy peaked through the trees. He had a cone on his head. Weird.

You stared for a moment. You kinda...forgot people existed.

"Uh...yeah um who are you?" You muttered gruffly.

"Wirt. And this is my brother Gregory."

***

I'm sorry these are so short, I've been trying my best...