(🎭: "too late" (cjh))

choi jongho
최종호

"y/n, why are you running away!" Jongho asked as he was running after you through the park.
you, on an another hand, you were giggling. you wanted to play with him.

it's been weeks you asked Jongho about everyday to hang out together, even though you were tired.
you weren't sure about what he meant to you; you were too close to be only best friends, but weren't close enough to be lovers. but for sure, he was your precious, your treasure.
you stopped running when you saw a group of people blocking your way. while you were searching for an another way, Jongho caught you.

"GOTCHA!" he said as he tickled your tummy. you giggled and tried to escape his embrace. he just tightened his hold around you so you couldn't move anymore.

as you were looking up to his face, you stopped moving. a little smile remained anyway.
he brushed away a strand of hair softly, and looked deeply in your eyes.

"y/n, i.. i have something to tell you.."

you tilted your head, curiousity taking the most of you. yet you nodded, telling him you were listening.

Jongho took your hand, and led you to a bench. he sat down, and pulled you close to him.

"i don't know how to say that. i.. i've never done this before.." as he took a deep breath, you looked at Jongho with confusion. but you relaxed as you saw him looking deep in your eyes. "you know.. i'm sure you and i share the same point of view. we are too close to be just friends but... we are not into a relationship.." Jongho strocked your hand softly, and shyly smiled. "i want this to change, y/n. i've never been this close to someone before. and being this close to you.. i developped stronger feelings for you. i hope you like me the same way i like you.."

you didn't expect this to happen, not now. that's why you only sighed as you tightened your hold on his hand.

"Jongho, i.. i do like you a lot but.." you stopped talking, letting him know there were something holding you back to accept right now his feelings.
"but..? tell me y/n. did you meet someone else..? or maybe i'm not enough for you..?" he asked, about to cry. his voice cracked, and so your heart did.
"no, i met no one. Jongho, please. can you.. wait for me for few days?"

he remained silent for a moment, and finally nodded. he looked so tiny, fragile and vulnerable at this moment. you slowly wrapped your arms around him, and hugged him. he quickly hugged you back; as always, you felt how warm his embrace was.
you spent the rest of the day together, enjoying each other's presence. it was quite awkward at the beginning, because of what just happened. but after a while, you both started to act as if nothing happened.

you returned home in the late afternoon, exhausted of the day. you pushed yourself through the rooms to finally fall onto your bed, in your bedroom.
suddenly, you felt something running down your nose. you got up, and took a tissue to wipe away the blood.

Jongho texted you. you answered, without saying anything about what happened after you got home. and you finally fell asleep, holding one of Jongho's hoodie next to your face.

yet, you woke up early in the morning, feeling weaker than you ever did. you felt cold but, as the time, you were sweating. your bedsheets were wet, meaning you sweat during the night too.

you got up and prudently walked to your desk. all your letters of the last month were scattered on it. you grabbed your phone and called for help. the first person you thought about was your mom - she was the only one you could ask help to.

waiting for your mom, you wanted to sat on your couch. yet, you were so weak, you couldn't do anything when you felt all the strength leaving your body. you fell on the floor in a loud noise. you used your last strengths to bring your thighs against your chest, shaking.