(🕊️: "the temptation between us" (cjh))

choi jongho
최종호

you were laying in your bed, thinking about your day: once again, your day had been busy. it wasn't your first day as a staff member of ateez. in fact, you've been by their side almost since the beginning. and you were a member of the make-up staff.
being here since the beginning got you close to them. of course, they're close to all their staffs. but you built an another type of friendship with them. you were very close to them: you were often eating together in different restaurants, meeting them on your free time, and you even had them coming over few time, or went to their place, to play video games or board games with them.
but you had to admit, you've got a special connexion with Jongho. even though he wasn't the type to be explicit with his feelings, he always had these words to show how much he cared about you: 'cover up, it's getting cold outside', 'text me when you're home so i'm sure you're safe', 'did you eat today? drink a glass of water every hour', 'if you can't sleep tonight, call me. i'll sing a lullaby'.
you first were confused about how caring he was. but you ended up spending a lot of time together, and so you thought it was only his way to tell you he liked you a lot as a friend.
the problem is that you started to like him way more than you should. not as a friend anymore. all these intentions, all his words, how he was with you - caring, attentive, good listener, supportive - got you falling for him. and you first denied it: you couldn't fall in love with an artist. you couldn't fall in love with him. it was impossible, forbidden and dangerous. but it was so thrilling in an another hand. dating an idol, having to hide it all from the whole world, living each moment to the fullest because it doesn't happen often.
after weeks of denying your love for him, you realised it was foolish of you. you then started to cunningly act caring towards him.
buying iced Americano when you had the chance because it was his favourite drink, getting him his favourite pastry once a week, complimenting him when you do his make-up, giving him a bottle of water and a towel after a stage or after practice, and even sending him supportive texts before practice session.
and all your actions got you both getting closer and closer.

tonight, you couldn't fall asleep. you were thinking about him again. about Jongho. and for no reason, you were missing him. your soul, your heart, your brain, each part of your body was missing him.
and as you were looking up to the ceiling, in your dark room, illuminated only by the moon, listening to the rain drops against your window, your screen phone turned on, illuminating a little more your room. it was a message. but who could it be at almost 1am in the morning? why would someone text you this late?
you extended your arm to grab your phone. when you unlocked it, you immediately saw the text message: it was Jongho. and his text was pretty curious: « y/n, if you're not sleeping, please text me back. »
you frowned, not sure about what was behind his text. was he good? was he sad? did he discovered you were in love with him and was he mad at you?
with shaky hands, you answered him.

 was he good? was he sad? did he discovered you were in love with him and was he mad at you? with shaky hands, you answered him