🎭 "weakened, yet stronger" (khj)

kim hongjoong :: 김홍중

   "y/n, it's about time."
     "Yes! It's time to cuddle!"

     You rushed to your brother, Hongjoong, and snuggled up against his chest. The older one fell on your soft mattress, with you on the top of his body. He sighed, but eventually wrapped both his arms around your shoulders.

     "Precious, you have to be ready. He won't wait for you for hours."
     "Jooooooongie.. two minutes never killed anybody!"
     "No, you're right. But two minutes of cuddles now, and two minutes for the kiss attack session from earlier, and two minutes of playing with my hair equals 6. And i bet you're not done being distracted with me."
     "Not my fault your cheeks are soft! And not my fault if i like holding your hand.."
You were now sulking against his chest. You crossed your arms under your breasts, and tried your best to hide your face into the fabric of his top.
     "Hey! I don't cuddle sulky kiddos!"
     "Yaaaah! Don't call me a kiddo!"

    You sat up on your knees, and grabbed your nearest pillow to hit him. You both bursted out laughing as he tried to fight back.
Your laugh only was hearable through the door. It caused a guard outside to knock at the huge white and golden door. He slightly cough, letting know how embarrassed he was.

     "M-miss..? May i know why you're laughing..?"
     You stopped fighting Hongjoong as soon as you heard this voice through the door. You quickly put the pillows back to where they belong, and adjusted the blankets after you almost yeeted your brother off the bed.
"Hmm.. yes! I'm sorry! He got me distracted!"
     "I did?? You did it by yourself! Kiddo!"
Hongjoong started to tickle you. He was clearly not caring about the guard outside.
     Through the melody of your voice, you could hear the guard's voice warning you that it was about time, and you had to be ready.

     Hongjoong slowly stopped his fingers, but let both of his hands on your waist. With these hands, he signaled you he wanted you to face him - and so you did. He replaced a few strands of hair, and eventually looked you in the eyes. You couldn't look somewhere else but in his own pupils.

     "I can't believe my little sister is finally getting married..'
     "Oh please Joong.. You know it's only an arranged marriage for both of our lands.."
     "You should pay attention to the way he talks to you, and the way he looks at you. He is clearly in love. aren't you?"
     "I admit i feel safe by his side.. and he's good-looking."
     "I may get jealous. Beware of what you're saying, young lady."

     You scoffed, and pulled away saying you had to get ready.
You put on a few layers of petticoats to give your dress the wished volume, and the corset. Before putting on the dress, you did your makeup, and tied up your hair. Of course, you were always asking Hongjoong if this was too much, or not. You wanted to be the prettiest for this day - you weren't going to get married everyday, and because of your high social status, you had to look better than any other bride. It was none of your plans to have your future husband running away.
     As soon as your hair was ready, and so was your make-up, you put on this beautiful dress. It was a mix of pure white and silver, getting along in a perfect harmony. The dress was as graceful as you were.
     Hongjoong was mesmerized by your beauty - in fact, he always had been mesmerized by you. But today was on another level. Maybe because you were getting married?
He approached you, and helped you put on the few jewels which were completing the whole outfit.
You looked like a living diamond. Your skin, spotless and soft, your dress giving your whole body such a presence, accentuating your figure, and this necklace, and those earrings. But deep down, Hongjoong knew you weren't wearing the most valuable jewels - which were the ring, and the crown.

     You were looking at your reflection in the mirror when you spotted Hongjoong right behind you. You were just realising it was real, and you were indeed about to get married.
Will he be the love of your life? Will it be a fake relationship, in which you show him love only in public?
A lot of questions came across your mind, tensing you up. But the touch of your brother, his soft warmth on your shoulders, were enough to calm you down.