(🎭: "belladonna" (jwy))

jung wooyoung
정우영

you couldn't believe this day came. the adrenaline was rushing through your veins. Wooyoung, the Jeong Wooyoung, coming over tonight. you spend the day preparing your house, cooking the dinner, and of course getting ready. you needed everything to be ready, and to be perfect.
the table was ready. some flowers in a vase. two plates, two cutlery sets, and two glasses for water. you dispatched few pearls on the white tablecloth. you created a soft atmosphere thanks to candles on the table, and little lamps in the rooms. you made sure all your apartment was cleaned. everything needed to be at its place.
it looked like you were having your boyfriend over. but Wooyoung wasn't your boyfriend. and would never be your boyfriend. who would like to date someone like him? it was just a formal dinner between you both.

of course, over the year, you learnt to stop having pity for wrong people. your work forced you to build your heart into a heart of stone. people were bad. and you couldn't do anything for them. it was the path they choose, and so they chose the consequences. they were aware few people - or nobody - would appreciate them. and these person would slowly turn themselves into agressive and antisocial, becoming lonely, so lonely. this is how it works.
Wooyoung was one of them. he was searched by a lot of mafia gangs. sometimes for little crimes: swearing, assaulting, or for some debts. but also for big crimes: stealing important informations from these gangs, spying on them.
among these mafias looking after him, the popular S-SK band of mafias. according to rumors, S-SK was for Seoul-South Korea. yet, any informations ever leaked before about that or something else.
anyways, Wooyoung was clearly involved into the dark side of the city, and even S-SK was chasing him. you were doubting about something or someone saving him. he was in too big troubles.

tic. toc. tic. toc.
the clock announced 8pm, and quickly after, the doorbell announced someone was here. Wooyoung, of course.
you didn't really like the fact you were having someone's like him over. but you had to do it for your boss. it was just an evening. just a moment, before getting rid of him.

"y/n. thank you for receiving me."
Wooyoung entered your apartment and removed his shoes.
"i was surprised when i was told to come here instead. weren't we supposed to meat at your boss's place?"
"yeah, that's right. but there is a hold-up. he asked me if i was okay with seeing you without him and i just couldn't cancel this dinner less than twenty-four hours before. i hope you don't mind?"
"not at all. i appreciate you didn't cancel. i'd have get mad. thank you."

you faked a smile, and asked him to follow you to your living room. you made him sit on your sofa. and after giving your dear Wooyoung something to drink, you sat besides him, on the sofa.

"so. about this deal. what is it?"
Wooyoung asked as he sipped on the whiskey you gave him.
"oh come on. we have so much time to talk about this. don't be this formal."
Wooyoung only sighed and sank into your sofa.
"when did it all started?"
"start what?"
by his behaviour and the tone of his voice, you recognise a nonchalance. he was annoyed - you cut him to the quick.
"being... bad. stealing, spying on, having debts on purpose. all that."
you had a serious gaze on him. you knew you needed to have a control on yourself not to help him - anyways he was a lost cause. you just needed to stall for time.
"i don't remember when exactly. i was just... young. it started with little things. and i was failure to my parents. they never encourage me to do something. the only one that believed in me left. since i've never been a fan of school, i never did anything by myself to study, to work or anything. you know.. just people here and there got me into this. and i'm not complaining. i have somewhere to sleep. something to eat everyday. somewhere to take showers. clothes. it's enough i guess."
he was avoiding your gaze, looking straight in front of him. there was the turned off TV.
"who left? who was he, or she?"
you were curious about what he just told you. it was very intriguing: you needed to know more about this for your own pleasure.
"San. a friend. my best friend."
Wooyoung sipped on his whiskey again, and so you did on yours. you didn't really know what to say.
"but you don't need to know much about him, right? so leave him alone."