(🕊️: "the part of me that's you" (kys))

kang yeosang
강여

he used to keep reeading, again and again, your letters. all of them. the ones you sent him. the short ones you put in his locker back in highschool. the ones you gave him for his anniversaries, or for each one of your month anniversaries.

it was hurting him, but it was his sweet utopia; you were here, by his side, from the very first word to the very last one.

you had always ended the letters by 'the part of me that's you will never die'. and he trusted this. this sentence always had his heart skip few beats. he never felt that loved before. and he felt safe by your side. you were accepting him with his qualities and flaws. you were loving his whole being and not only his body and face. you were cherishing every part of him; his behaviour even though he sometimes was rude, the way he thinks, the way he talks.

but, he didn't know why, he suddenly had anything anymore from you. no messages, no calls, no letters. not even you. nothing. he thought someone had kidnapped you, so he warned the police department. nothing. any tracks of you even though the investigation lasted for months. nothing.

and he slowly lost the last hopes he had. he had to admit it; he lost his beloved one, his soulmate.

he often though it was because of him. not caring enough, not good enough, not demonstrative enough, not kind enough. after all, who would like to have their someone not perfect enough?
but he then thought it was something else. you were so in love with each other, and you spent almost 4 years with him. how could you have been dealing with him for so long if you indeed never liked him this much?

it was hurting him to be this lost. he didn't know where you were.
maybe you were still alive? but where? maybe you forgot about him? maybe you were married now? maybe you were a mom?
how many times did you both talk about being parents. about getting married and about having your own children. it was your life goal.

but you left, and you took this dream with you.

as always, Yeosang came out to check his letter box. maybe he would find, someday, something from you? where there's life there's hope.

as he opened his letter box, the only thing he saw was a little sheet. he took it, and suddenly his heart was beating really fast. adrenaline was rushing through his veins. he could recognise your handwriting among millions.
'did you forget about me? because the part of me that's you never died.' was what you wrote on the sheet.

"y/n?" he looked around him. he wanted to find you. maybe you were nearby? hidden somewhere as you were looking at his reaction?

but the only thing he saw was a little girl that was running to him. she was very young, and he could tell she learnt how to walk properly not too long ago.

she held onto Yeosang's leg, crying. but Yeosang didn't know how to react. was she lost? was she scared of something?

he kneeled down, and took both her tiny hands. "are you lost, baby?" but he got any answer. he didn't know if it was because she was crying or if she just couldn't talk.
he tried to calm her down, and hugged her tightly.
after a moment, he pulled away to look at the tiny human being in front of him. "are you good now baby?"
she nodded, and this was enough to melt his heart.

she looked incredibly cute. the way she nodded had woken up his desire to be called a father by your side.
but he had to help her before letting his emotions getting the most of him.