(🕊️: "our new life starts today" (psh, jyh))

park seonghwa, jeong yunho
박성화, 정윤호

"are you ready, baby? we'll go home all together.~"
Seonghwa was sitting on a chair. his baby, his daughter, was on his knees.

it had been a long fight for them to have this baby. Seonghwa and Yunho had to go through piles of papers to fill in, informations to give, social workers' meticulous visits to be sure the place they live in was safe enough for a baby. and when everything was fine, the problem came from the family.
it wasn't new for any of them: Seonghwa's family wasn't really comfortable about their son being in a relationship with an another man, and they never supported them in the steps to adopt their little girl. but Seonghwa was ready to go through this to fulfill his desire to be a father. he wanted to give his everything to his own family.
it often broke Yunho's heart to know they hadn't any support from them. it was more heartbreaking to see Seonghwa determined like this even though, deep inside him, he was disappointed in them.
and today, seeing his boyfriend with their child on his knees was the recognition of all their works the past years, all the choices they had to do, and all the sacrifices they had to do.

"all together, we will have a happy life from now on. okay baby?"
since Yunho had already his coat on, he carefully picked up their baby in his arms. Seonghwa also put his coat on, and took the baby's bag with all her stuffs. they both respectfully thanked the orphanage workers, and left. it was a whole new life ahead them.
"we're not late to greet our families at home, at least."
Seonghwa said as he put the bag in the boot while Yunho was buckling up baby in her car seat.
"well.. i think i should say your family."
"don't say that, babe. even though they never supported us the past years in all our steps. we're finally having our daughter at home, maybe they'll be here to meet her."
Seonghwa only shrugged. he was pretty sure his parents wouldn't come. why would they? they never asked anything about the baby once they knew they'd have this one. they were not interested in their son adopting and giving them the change to be called grandfather and grandmother.

the ride to their place finally came to an end. during the past fifteen minutes, Seonghwa often looked back to be sure the baby was doing well, meanwhile Yunho seemed to be even more prudent while driving. he did so well that their daughter fell asleep in her car seat.
once they reached their place, Seonghwa was the first one to come out of the car. he carefully removed the belt around his baby's body, and picked her up. since she was still very young and still had troubles holding her back and head straight, he was carrying her in a layed position with both of his arms. Yunho took the baby's bag this time, and they both made their way inside of their little house.
everything was ready for her: there were toys adapted to her age in a corner of the lounge dining room, there also was a playpen for her. she already had her own room, yet her bed was in his fathers' room for the moment since her nights were still complicated. in her room, a lot of clothes were ready. and finally, everything was ready for her baths, from a tiny bathtub to adapted shower gel and shampoo for her delicate skin.
Seonghwa carefully placed their treasure in her little deckchair, and removed his jacket. she looked to sleep peacefully. he sat next to her, looking her tiny sleeping face with pure love in his eyes.
once Yunho put the things in the baby's bag away, he quickly came and sat next to him.

"she's stunning.. right?"
Yunho's eyes moved from his daughter to his boyfriend. he couldn't ask for more at this moment.
"she is.. i just can't believe yet she's finally here.. after so much time.. i can't believe we did it."
Seonghwa looked up Yunho. their gazes met the other's. with a bright smile, Yunho put a hand on the other's thigh.
"i know right.. it's unbelievable. we're finally fathers.."
Seonghwa nodded. with a little smile, he pecked Yunho's lips, and sat up. he knew Yunho was here, around their baby to be sure nothing goes wrong. he left the room to put his jacket away in the entrance hall, and went into the kitchen. he wanted everything to be perfect to greet Yunho's family, and maybe his own. this is why he made appetizers, and prepared few things for a kind of aperitif all together to celebrate this moment.