55: Answers and Planning

"No," Elle shook her head in disbelief. 

To be asked such a big question as this overwhelmed her. She did not know how to feel. Peter's gaze fell as he processed her answer. He shook his head, "I'm not letting you leave my side ever again."

Elle snickered and the boy finally looked at her, "You little liar."

Elle squealed trying to dodge Peter's arms. He finally caught her and spoke in her ear, "How dare you go playing with my heart."

She pounded his chest, "Serves you right for saying you didn't remember after true love's kiss."

"It was a joke."

"And now you know how it feels," Elle crossed her arms. 

"I have a troublesome wife," Peter smirked. 

"Wife?" Elle laughed, "I don't recall saying yes to you just yet."

Peter sulked, "Will you marry me, Elle Weston?"

"Yes," She finally nodded, "Of course I would."

She kissed his cheek and he frowned, "Don't be chintzy."

He kissed her on the lips causing the girl to roll her eyes. When he pulled away, he grinned, "Perfect, now that you said yes, we can go to the courthouse right now and make it official."

"Whoa there, eager boy," Elle stopped him, "That's not how weddings work."

"But all that other stuff seems like so much work," Peter pouted.

"That's life," Elle laughed, "But I can assure you that it will all be worth it. For starters, we need to tell the heroes."

Peter's face paled at the mention of the heroes. Elle caught on quickly, "Peter... You did ask my father for permission right?"

Peter scratched the back of his head, "I might have skipped out on that. I mean it's not like he can stop me. To be fair he never was able to in the past."

He yelped when Elle hit him in the head. She then had a wide grin, "This is going to be hilarious."

She grabbed the boy's hand, "Come on, we can't let the heroes wait, now can we?"

"Maybe your father can," Peter mumbled under his breath.

"You started this," Elle reminded her now fiancé, "Now you can fess up to it."

"You're not going to help me, are you?" Peter asked her. 

"Nope," Elle knocked on the door to the house Emma and Hook lived in. 

Emma answered, "Elle and Peter, what are you doing here?"

"Sorry to barge in here, Emma," Elle apologized, "Is my father here?"

"Everyone is," Emma replied, "Why?"

"No reason," Elle assured the Saviour, "Come on Peter."

She entered the living room to see everyone there. She took a seat beside her father who was already burning holes into Peter. Peter gulped in fear. This time he had no powers to defend himself with. 

"What are you doing here?" Hook asked her. 

"Just thought I'd stop by and share some news," Elle smiled back at him, "Say, Emma, by any chance do you have any juice?"

Emma nodded her head and poured her a glass of orange juice. Elle took a sip and Emma sat down at a stool beside the island, "Now, what was it that you came to tell us?"

"Oh," Elle grinned, finding amusement in what was about to ensue, "It isn't my news, it's Peter's."

The heroes looked in Peter's direction and he slightly glared at Elle. Hook straightened up beside his daughter and cast an intimidating glare.