1: A Fateful Stormy Night

The sound of thunder could be heard as the storm closed in on them. Sheets of rain pelted Elle's skin soaking her clothes. She did not mind though. As long as he was stopped, it did not matter what she had to do. 

It was suppose to be a peaceful night. A feast was prepared to celebrate the hunt that took place hours earlier. Images of her friends lying on the ground unmoving haunted her mind. No one saw it coming, not even her. 

The wind howled pushing her back and she dug her foot into the earth trying to maintain balance as she was in pursuit. 

She broke through the clearing and found herself at a cliff. At the edge stood a figure that caused bile to rise in Elle's mouth. She swallowed ignoring the burn and unsheathed her sword. She swung in the air to show she meant business and glared. 

"How could you do this?" 

The boy standing in front of her laughed. He walked forward with his hooded cloak and spun his spear. Elle gritted her teeth anticipating his next move. 

"You are too trusting, Elle," the boy sneered, "You truly see him as the good guy?"

Elle clenched her fists at the accusation. She lifted her head refusing to back down, "That is still not a reason to do this. Are we not all family?"

She rolled to the side and found his spear in the ground where she once stood. Her hazel eyes widened at the revelation and then hardened their gaze on him. 

"Surrender now," Elle told him, "It does not have to end like this."

The boy laughed dryly, "Oh, but I am afraid that it does. I am a dead man either way whether it be by your hand or someone else's. I might as well take you down with me."

Before Elle could react, she was trapped in the boy's grip. She thrashed and hissed trying to buck him off of her. He was too strong for her to take on alone. He held a poisoned spear to her throat and whispered into her ear. 

"Any last words?"

Suddenly, both of them were thrown back and Elle took the opportunity to scramble away from him. The boy scowled and both turned to the newcomer. Relief flooded Elle's face at his arrival. 

"Rufio," the newcomer said, "Never in my long life did I think that you would try to stab me in the back. I must say your plan was ingenious, but it had one minor flaw. Would you like me to tell you?"

Rufio was silent refusing to engage in his games knowing he would lose. Elle shot a dirty look at Rufio and then turned to the newcomer. 

"Just kill him already. The sooner he is dead, the better," Elle insisted.

The boy placed a hand on her shoulder. His green eyes had a piercing gaze as he shook his head. A grin covered his devious face. 

"Patience, love. Calm your bloodlust. He will get what he deserves," the boy told her. 

Elle frowned slightly, "We should not prolong it, Peter. He needs to pay for what he has done to all of us."

Peter Pan nodded his head and looked to the traitor standing before them. His green eyes darkened and Rufio gipped the shaft of his spear not breaking from Peter's eyes. 

"Any last words?" Peter asked mimicking Rufio's words to Elle before he had arrive. 

Rufio, however, did not look afraid. The storm had grown stronger just as Rufio planned. The boy raised his arms to the sky channeling the power and a vortex formed between them. It sucked plants in and Elle instinctively stepped back. Rufio took the opportunity to strike.