53: Finding Pan

Unlike the storm from the previous night, the weather was bright, clear and sunny. It was an ordinary day as Everly walked through the town streets. People glanced her way and she frowned unsure of what to make of it.

Everly stood at the dock and inhaled the fresh sea air. She peer out towards the horizon and wondered what it would be like to travel to other worlds. Would it be like how the books depicted? Her hands were behind her back as her hazel eyes pondered the thought.

She heard footsteps from behind her and she saw Killian approaching her.

"Killian," she greeted curtly, "What brings you here today?"

"You were always lured to the sea," Killian smiled.

Everly frowned, "You speak as if you knew me from before the incident."

Killian nodded his head, "Aye."

He sat at the edge of the dock and Everly sat down beside him.

"Let me tell you a story," Killian said and his voice unravelled a tale, "I once had a daughter named Elle Weston."

Elle, Everly thought to herself, That was what Regina called me. Just who was she and why did she have such an effect on the town?

"Elle was a girl who challenged fate," Killian smiled, "She was brave, loyal and true. She also had a knack for travel and adventure."

"She sounds like a hero," Everly commented.

Killian nodded his head, "Aye, she was. She exerted happiness wherever she went. Long ago, we embarked on a voyage to Neverland."

"Neverland?" Everly laughed, "Like in the books?"

Killian looked at her seriously and nodded his head. Everly shook her head at him, "Are you okay, Killian?"

"I speak the truth," Killian answered, "They don't call me Captain Hook for nothing."

Everly's eyes slowly made their way to his hands or in this case hand. They became saucers at his honesty. She thought he just liked to cosplay or something.

"Everly, let me tell you, all the fairytales you have heard of exist. You just have to remember. Anyways, we came across the inhabitant of the island, Peter Pan."

Peter Pan. The name seemed to stir something inside of Everly. As if reading her memory, the pirate spoke, "Yes, that is the boy with green eyes."

"If you know something, please don't leave me in the dark," Everly begged the pirate, "I'll do anything to remember what happened to me."

Killian pulled out something from his pocket and Everly tilted her head, "A necklace?"

"I found this at the town line this morning. I think it might belong to you."

Everly was fixated on the necklace and as she reached out to touch it, her eyes rolled to the back of her head and all she could hear was Killian's concerned voice.

Everly was standing back in the mountain field. The wildflowers were in full bloom and the sun's rays were shining down on her. Standing in front of her by a gate, she saw the girl from the picture. Elle Weston.

Elle wore identical clothes and appeared to be an exact copy of Everly. Elle's hazel eyes filled with joy as they stood in front of her. The girl's hand stretched out and she spoke in a hopeful tone, "It is time to remember who you are. I won't let you lose yourself all over again."

Everly raised her own hand meeting it with Elle's. Everly felt dizzy as the scene spun around them and golden sparks swirled around them. It became brighter until it reached its crescendo.