14: Bad Things Happen During Storms

"Hook," Elle said kneeling at her father's side. 

The tears were streaming down her face as she wiped them away. Her hand grabbed bandages to help clean her father's face as he looked at her. 

"I'm alright," he said, "He didn't kill me."

"But you told him to kill you," Elle said stepping back, "You want to be reunited with mom? You want to leave me?"

Hook looked at Elle giving her a sad smile, "You're already eighteen. I missed so much while you were gone. You grew up and don't need me anymore-"

"Bullshit," Elle interrupted crying, "I'll always need you. I remember you, Hook, dad.

Hook widened his gaze at his daughter as his own eyes watered. Hearing that Elle remembered him brought joy to his face. He brought an arm around Elle and she hugged him tightly minding the injuries that were inflicted on him. When she pulled away, her father sat up. 

"What is our next plan of attack?" Elle asked picking up her sword. 

"Our?" Hook asked her with the shadow of a grin. 

Elle nodded her head, "Yes. The Dark One killed my mother and almost left me an orphan. I want his blood."

Elle felt the darkness brewing inside of her and it called out for blood. She knew it was wrong and that she should take the high road. However, after seeing the gruesome sight of her father being beat up, she gave up on the idea that there was good in everyone. She flashed her blade in her hands looking at her father.

"I want revenge. I want him to suffer like I have."

Hook placed a hand on her shoulder nodding his head, "And suffer the Dark One will."

He looked at Elle warningly, "In order for him to suffer, Belle will have to get hurt. Are you prepared for that."

Elle swallowed. Belle was kind and had done nothing bad to her in her time in Storybrooke. She knew though that the girl would always choose the Dark One. For that, Elle could no longer call Belle an ally, but an enemy. 

She nodded at her father and her eyes flickered wanting retribution, "Anyone who is with the Dark One is fair game."

Hook smiled proudly at his daughter, "Your mother would be proud of you standing up for what you believe in."

Elle looked at Hook and lowered her head thinking of Milah. 

"You loved her, didn't you?"

Hook nodded his head treating the remaining injuries he had, "That I did. She loved you so much, Elena."

"How is she?" Hook asked his crew member. 

Milah had gone into labour about four hours ago and Hook was pacing nervously on deck while his men guarded the ship in case of an intruder. They were excited and worried for Milah at the same time. 

The member of his crew opened the door to the room where Milah was and waved Hook in. He smiled entering and the man left them alone in the cabin. Milah was cleaned up and holding a bundle in a soft blanket Hook had traded for while docked in a port.

"It's a girl," Milah said holding the baby with a proud look in her eyes.

She ushered Hook to the bedside where he saw the girl's face as she slept peacefully. 

"She's beautiful," Hook said amazed and Milah let out a happy cry, "She is. She is also perfectly healthy."

"Thank god," Hook said relieved.