54: Happy Endings

There is a time in one's life where they feel as though fate pulled them along a beaten path only to face greatness. The light-hearted feeling in their heart as they reminisce about the past that got them there.

For Elle, it had been a roller coaster of emotion. As a victim of fate, she had loved, lost and ultimately reached the end of the journey. Kissing Peter was a reward in itself. Even if he never remembered her, she was confident that they could start fresh. As ordinary people. No magic or godly powers. Just human. Somehow, that life was one that did not scare Elle.

Peter's lips were just as soft as they were when they first kissed so long ago on the island. His strong hand moved to her back to support her as he deepened the kiss. Elle felt the strong wave of energy; the power of love, erupt from their kiss. Whatever curse fate had woven them in had finally broken.

Tears started to stream down Elle's face as she placed her forehead on Peter's. If this all happened and he did not feel the same way, that would condemn her to a fate worse than death.

Peter's green eyes searched her face before widening in recognition.

"Elle?" Peter asked in a quiet voice.

"Peter," Elle wept in his arms.

They wrapped around her tightly, afraid that if he loosened them for just a second, she would slip from his grasp. In turn, Elle smiled, "Peter."

He cleared a booth for them to sit in and brewed two hot chocolates.

"Do you remember me?" Elle asked hopeful.

Peter's next words were heartbreaking, "No..."

Her expression fell and fear flooded her mind. Did they not just share true love's kiss? Then the green eyed boy broke out in a smirk, "Did I trick you?"

Elle's face turned a beet, angry red, "That is not funny."

"I had to play one last game," Peter scratched the back of his head.

"You idiot," Elle lashed out and started punching the boy, "Don't do that. I just got you back and if you are now being a pig, then I might as well find some other boy."

Now Peter's eyes flashed dangerously. The thought of her being with another man infuriated Peter. She was his and no one else's. He sat on her side of the booth and wrapped an arm around her shoulder tightly.

"I'm never letting you go ever again," Peter said seriously, "You are stuck with me for eternity, Elena Weston."

Her eyes flickered with amusement, "Forever, huh? With you that doesn't sound bad."

Both sat in silence until Peter asked, "What happened after I... Well... Kicked the bucket temporarily?"

Elle stiffened, but decided he deserved to know how that story ended, "After you took the death blow for me, Persephone killed Hades. He is gone from this plane. Robin died in the battle as well. I returned to the Underworld as Queen and ran into King Arthur."

"From Camelot?" Peter snorted, "Like in the Holy Grail and Merlin the wizard?"

"Aye," Elle nodded her head, "That's the one. Apparently Hades killed him and he met up with my father who was searching for a way to find out Hades' weakness. They succeeded and that was my father's unfinished business. I never really got to say goodbye. Anyways, I took Arthur back to the Underworld castle and that led to me crowning him King of the Underworld. I ended up in my afterlife and flew to Olympus. There I met Persephone in person and the King of the Gods himself, Zeus."

Elle took a deep breath before continuing.

"Anyways, I was granted a second chance at life that was truly my own. I lost my memories until recently and then I found you."