48: Kiss of Death

"Zelena," Elle said to her, "Stay back."

"You're going to kill him aren't you?" Zelena asked her and Elle did not move from her spot. 

"That crystal is capable of ending one's existence. No death. No afterlife. Nothing. As much as you have done in the past, I do not wish for you to lose your future," Elle spoke feeling Persephone rise once again to the surface. 

"Persephone," Hades' voice became strained, "I knew you would awaken. I never gave up hope."

"Spare me your words, Hades," Elle said channeling Persephone, "You know the powers you are tampering with will only lead to misfortune."

Hades just shook his head and laughed, "I don't believe you are in any control of the situation, Elena. Actually, with this in my hands I can undo a mistake that was made seventeen years ago."

Elle tensed and Hades gave her a menacing smile, "Yes, seventeen years ago, your soul was due in the Underworld. Had Persephone not intervened, you would be in my clutches in the Underworld as a lost soul. Not anymore though. When this crystal hits you, you existence will be gone for good. All that will be left is Persephone."

"Elle," Regina said, still mourning Robin, "Get behind me."

"I don't think so," Hades froze Regina in place. 

"Hades," Zelena said looking at him. 

"Love," Hades assured Zelena, "I want there to be an us. In order for that to happen, I have to be rid of my past. Elena Weston will be wiped from this world and Persephone will be forever condemned to the Underworld so I will never have to return there."

"It's alright," Elle told Regina and Zelena, "I've already accepted that I was suppose to be dead. I do not care what happens to me. Just promise me that you both will protect Peter for me. Make sure he gets his happy ending even if he doesn't get his memories back. Give him the chance for a fresh start."

"Why do you care so much?" Peter asked her and Elle just closed her eyes and smiled, "You will do anything for the ones you love."

She stood and Hades held the crystal in her direction, "Such touching last words, Elle. I hate to end our game now after it has been so much fun. However, you ran out of moves and I have come out victorious."

He used the crystal and Elle silently thanked Persephone for everything when she felt her body fall back. She landed on her butt and her eyes went wide as the remnants of the crystals' powers fizzled out of Peter. She caught his body and wept, "Why?"

"Even though I can't remember you, I can't deny that there is something between us. I couldn't let a fire like yours burn out so easily."

"You fool," Elle said, "I did all of this for us."

She sobbed and Peter grabbed her hand, "Promise me you'll be okay, Elle. Promise me you'll defeat Hades and find happiness."

"Peter," Elle let out a choked cry. 

He lifted a weak arm to wipe away her tears. They then moved down her cheek and he brushed his thumb over her lips, "So soft..."

"You're going to be okay," Elle pleaded, "I can't let you be gone. Not after I just got you back. You can't leave me."

"I'll always..." Peter coughed, "... I'll always be right here."

His hand went to her heart and Elle leaned towards him. She had to do it one last time. Her lips covered Peter's as the lovers shared one last intimate kiss. She felt their time together slipping further from her grasp. His warm lips turned cold and Peter's eyes were wet with tears. His cheeks turned pale as his soul came out of his body and started to dissipate.